Badger State Fruit Processing, Inc.
Badger State Fruit Processing, Inc is seeking a full-time Production Supervisor in our Juice Plant located in Pittsville, WI. This position is full-time and will provide support to operations in order to meet production quality and quantity standards. Attention to detail, dependability, and attendance are all requirements in this role.
Hours: We are looking for candidates willing to work a 12 hour 2-2-3 on our night shift (6 pm to 6 am)
Compensation: Based on experience.
Additional Compensation: $600 Sign-on bonus after 6 months of employment, Referral, and Quarterly Bonuses
Benefits: Badger State Fruit Processing, Inc. offers a full benefits package including an incentive plan that pays quarterly, Vacation, Health, HRA, HSA Account, Dental, Vision, Critical Illness, Accident, Matching 401K, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company paid Life and AD and D insurance.
- Interact with Hourly Employees and Support Departments daily to resolve technical problems, scheduling conflicts, equipment issues, and employee concerns while promoting a positive employee relations environment.
- Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Responsible for corrective action of employees, counseling and disciplining, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Encourage and lead an Audit-Ready work environment. Perform focused daily walk-around looking for GMP, housekeeping, and safety conditions that do not meet expectations and correcting in a timely manner to maintain audit readiness.
- Responsible for confirming product data captured during production is correct, accurate, and filed.
- Conduct group meetings with all production departments to maintain open communication, air out concerns, and keep our people well informed of food safety or quality concerns.
- Provide job-specific training.
- Ensure compliance with all operating procedures and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe work environment for all employees.
- Review Operation Performance with employees to pinpoint areas of opportunity.
- Anticipate problem areas of engagements and questions that will arise.
- Ensure GMP and SQF compliance and monitoring of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point system (HACCP) Critical Control Points (CCPs) and Pre-requisite programs.
- Create Incident Reports and Corrective and Preventive Action Requests upon reporting of an issue.
- Monitor visitor and contractor activity in the facility.
- Communicate potential and actual Food Safety Issues to personnel (direct Supervisor or QA) to initiate the corrective action process.
- Direct and instruct other team members on engagements including the delegation of duties and the review of work performed by other team members.
- Maintain familiarity with all team members and review assignments.
- Education and Experience – High school or general education diploma (GED). Four (4) plus years of manufacturing experience, one (1) plus years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Team Building – Ability to work effectively with others.
- Confidentiality – Has the ability to maintain confidentiality regarding client and/or employee matters.
- Industry Knowledge – Manufacturing processes, quality systems and standards, OSHA and SQF compliance, best management practices, develop and track key performance indicators, business, and financial principles.
- Relationship Development – Able to establish and maintain strong working relationships with clients and staff. Has the ability to solicit, process, and integrate inputs and ideas from peers and executives. Recognizes areas of conflict or disagreement and deals with them through open and honest dialogue. Effectively provides feedback.
- Planning and Organizing – Able to assist in monitoring ongoing company operations and anticipating concerns. Can create contingency plans to ensure ongoing company success.
- Mathematical – A basic understanding of mathematical principles such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Technology – Proficient in the use of computers and computer software. Have a working understanding of production equipment and required maintenance needs.
- Other – Ability to constantly stand/walk; climb stairs; frequently grip/reach/lift/pull with the left or right hand. Use of motor skills to safely drive tow motors in tight quarters. Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment with temperatures ranging from 55°-95°F.
$16.00 - $18.00 hourly
About Badger State Fruit Processing, Inc.
We are one of the largest independent growers in the country with our own receiving station, cold storage freezers, juice concentrating facility, sweetened dried facility, our distribution warehouses, and Gardner Trucking. We deliver superior quality fruit and superior customer service to our customers.
Visit our website: www.badgerstatefruit.com
Or Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/GardnerCranberry/about