The Rushmore Hotel
Maintain hotel facilities clean and organized, working overnight schedule as part of the maintenance team and under the guidance of the Director of Operations. Cleaning the public area, guest rooms, and back offices.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk and stand for long periods of time; reach with hands and arms and stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Use of ladders required. Ability to speak and hear clearly. Ability to work outside in all weather conditions including seasonally hot or cold temperatures and inclement weather.
Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision insurance available. 401k available. Full-time non-exempt.
Schedule: 4 nights 32-40 hrs./Week.
- Clean the interior of the building including floors, carpet, rugs, windows, and walls
- Sweep, mop, and buff floors as needed
- Assist with basic guest room calls
- Clean bathrooms
- Disinfect commonly used items like desks, door handles, office tools, and others
- Empty trash and recycling bins
- Other functions as assigned by the Director of Operations or Hotel General Manager
- Physical requirements- able to lift up to 50 lb. regularly
- Possess an understanding of and follow safety procedures
- Friendly with Guests
- Helpful With Guests
- High School or GED diploma is preferred
- General maintenance experience is desired
- Proven experience as a Janitor
- Problem Solver- Implements solutions and overcomes constraints
- Self Starter - positive, optimist, and willing to take initiative
- Very organized – quality and detail-oriented
- Goal Oriented – naturally motivated to reach goals
- Physical requirements- able to lift up to 50 lb. constantly
- Provides service with a smile, understands customer satisfaction
- Attention to details
$15 - $16.50 hourly
About The Rushmore Hotel
On the corner of Mt. Rushmore Road and Main Street in downtown Rapid City, SD. A hotel for travelers who value their time after work. Our property is preferred by business travelers, tour groups, and lifestyle adventurers.