Neighborhood Nerds, Inc.
The Neighborhood Nerds Member Center is divided into three teams - Member Care Nerds, Sales Nerds, Support Nerds. Member Care Nerds spend all of their time in the Member Center engaging Members. Sales Nerds spend all of their time Informing and Educating Members. They lead TechTalks, Write Blog Articles, Post to Facebook, Record QuickTip Videos, and perform other outreach activities. Support Nerds spend their day solving problems, repairing devices, answering questions, calling service providers, performing one-to-ones, visiting Members, and any other tasks to serve Members in need.
As a Support Nerd, you MUST be a little Nerdy and really like finding answers, solving problems, and making people happy! Qualifications: Passionate about technology (computers, video games, audio/video, VR, AR, RC, Home Automation, Networking, etc.)! You must be VERY patient, loving, kind, and driven to provide solutions for our members. You must work well in a team... must collaborate and acknowledge when you don't know the answer AND ask for help! PLEASE research our company before you meet with us... we love prepared peeps!
- Nerds work from our Ticketing System (MHelpDesk). You must be a self-starter, grabbing the next ticket in the system and driving it to closure or documenting what you've accomplished so the next Nerd can complete the task.
- Documentation is a huge part of EVERY Nerd's job. Nerds are expected to document for the next Nerd.
- Member requests come in various flavors. Walk-in, Phone call, Email, Remote Sessions, Hands-on Repairs, On-site Service Calls, Project Management, Etc. Your job is to handle all that comes your way and keep chipping away at the tickets.
- Diagnose and provide solutions using experience, skills, resources, and collaboration with other Nerds.
- Complete work assignments in a timely manner.
- Record relevant information on Member interactions and support, using a variety of tools including but not limited to MHelpDesk, Slack, Google Drive, Trello.
- Recommend Neighborhood Nerds solutions to Members by understanding their needs, desires, competency levels, and financial constraints.
- Present technology, concepts, etc. to Members and Nerds in a way that is understandable by the target audience.
- Every week, each Nerd closes 25 tickets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An aptitude for acquiring skills in technology and an eagerness to learn.
- Excellent time management skills and can make decisions quickly.
- Hands-on repairs/upgrades/alterations of computers, cell phones, TVs, A/V, Networking, and other Technology.
- Any experience with Technical Writing is very valuable.
- Of course, any experience with diagnosing, troubleshooting, fixing problems is crucial.
- Word Processing (we document everything)
- Problem Solving (quickly troubleshoot and fix issues)
- Research (find answers in our Knowledge Base, our Ticketing System, another Nerd, Online, Etc.)
- Educating (teaching Members and other Nerds)
- Marketing/Selling (all Nerds are expected to know and communicate effectively the benefits of NN Membership).
- Experience with the following is a benefit - Slack, Trello, Google Drive, Google Docs, Gmail, MS Office.
- Actively enrolled College Student or recently graduated. We've had the best luck with Computer Science and Engineering Majors but are open to others.
- Grammar and spelling are very important since most of our Members are not just educated but HIGHLY educated!
- We do need our Nerds to speak and write well.
About Neighborhood Nerds, Inc.
Neighborhood Nerds is more Life Support than Technical Support. Our members pay a monthly fee to have access to a team of Nerds who provide a Concierge-type service. Our membership model allows our Nerds to know our Members and their technology. This knowledge gives our Nerds the best possible opportunity for success each and every time. Successfully providing solutions to our Members is the primary goal of Neighborhood Nerds.
Our Nerds strive to increase proactive engagements with our members while reducing reactive requests. Every Nerd is responsible for maintaining the knowledge base for all members. Each Nerd is constantly updating Member Profiles, Member Manuals, Notes, etc. so we always have a complete understanding of who the member is and how we can best serve them. Nerds are also required to engage all members EVERY month via phone, email, note, visit, etc.