Five Star Technology Solutions
The primary focus of this position is to provide networking design, support, and, security, for our clients. This is a high-visibility position requiring an individual primarily versed and experienced in networking and security-related technologies. In addition, the individual must possess outstanding communication and troubleshooting skills, as well as good planning and foresight to help design and implement solutions to improve technology environments. K-12 education market experience is a plus.
- Collaborate and execute in the planning, design, and deployment of infrastructure and related hardware for various projects
- Exceed client’s expectations on quality and thoroughness of security strategies and solutions
- Responsible for maintaining and improving school networks which includes network segmentation, firmware upgrades, documentation, firewall configurations (NAT, ACL, VPN, etc.), content filter and wireless upgrades.
- Deliver high-quality solutions to our school clients to ensure their investment in technology is consistent with their business objectives
- 3+ years’ experience in the information technology field, Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in K-12 school environments preferred
- Certified Cisco Networking Associate (CCNA) certification required
- Certified Cisco Networking Professional (CCNP) certification or Certified Cisco Networking Associate (Wireless/Security) is a plus
- Working Linux knowledge or certification preferred
- Experience with infrastructure configuration, design, and deployment
- Experience with Aruba (switches, APs), Sophos/Fortinet/Cisco (firewall) and Lightspeed/Content Keeper (content filtering) is a plus
- Strong understanding of systems security, associated tools, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong knowledge of security best practices and recommended implementations
- Excellent customer service background with professional appearance and communication skills required
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment and/or independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- In state travel required
About Five Star Technology Solutions
At Five Star, we believe technology can transform education to meet the needs of today’s K-12 learners. Our K-12 focused staff understands the pressures teachers and schools face and believes the “one size fits all” approach dominating the education market is failing teachers and students. That is why we developed a unique suite of educator-requested, educator-developed technology solutions to help students and schools succeed, including managed services and professional development.
The Five Star PD Team will change the way you experience professional development. With consistently awesome, evidence-based learning opportunities that are relevant and engaging, our wide range of offerings will meet the learning needs of educators across the nation.