Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The purpose of the Facility Chief/CM Inspector is to inspect and coordinate the construction project and ensure the contractor performs in a manner in accordance with the Company specifications. The Chief/CM Inspector ensures the project proceeds in accordance with the Contract Document requirements and Construction Drawings and all necessary forms are completed and transmitted to the Regional Construction Office. The Chief Inspector works under the direction of the Regional Construction Office.
• The Chief /CM Inspector delegates responsibility and accountability to tasks to the personnel executing those tasks and accepts responsibility for quality of all tasks executed on the project under the span of control for the Chief Inspector.
• The Chief /CM Inspector will encourage a “Safety First” culture for the Company’s employees and contractors. Safety is also a priority beyond the individual. Maintaining the integrity of the Company’s pipelines and other facilities will ensure the health and safety of customers and communities. The Superintendent will motivate personnel to complete projects while meeting the highest quality and safety standards.
• The Chief /CM Inspector takes a leadership role in building effective teams, motivating team members (Company employees and contract employees), manages conflict effectively, respects individual team members, and effectively conveys this message to team members.
The Chief/CM Inspector is responsible for coordinating the activities of and assigning responsibilities to the Inspectors on the project to ensure all of the inspection functions are performed. Some combination of the following Inspectors will be assigned to the project. The Chief Inspector is responsible for explaining to each individual inspector their primary purpose, the information they require, reports they must submit, and the expectations of the Inspectors. The various operations may be divided up to a greater extent depending on the size of the project.
Duties that may be assigned to the Chief/CM
• Erosion and Sedimentation Control
• Other Inspection Areas including Station Work
• Welding Inspectors
Facility Chief/CM is responsible for the following activities during the construction of the project:
• Advanced planning and organization of inspection duties, survey duties, utilization of Company furnished materials, construction activities, and tie-in activities. Daily meeting must be held with the inspectors and the contractor’s Superintendent to discuss construction problems, revisions, progress and proposed activities.
• Inspect the activities of the Contractor and assure all work is completed in accordance with the Construction Drawings and the Contract Documents.
• Assure all proposed design changes or material substitutions are discussed with the Regional Construction Office and that proper approval is obtained prior to proceeding with work.
• Assure welders are qualified for the work they are performing, a sound weld is established at each joint, and the correct qualified welding procedure is being used.
• Assure the qualified radiographic procedure is used, the quality of radiographs is acceptable, and proper documentation is maintained by the radiographic crew(s). Radiographs should be reviewed daily.
• Assure the proper documentation of the disposition of each rejected weld and repair of same.
• Assure proper documentation is secured before the contractor performs any work off the right-of-way and work with the right-of-way agent to resolve any landowner problems.
• Work with the cost analyst or office clerk to ensure that proper information has been provided and cost reports are completed weekly.
• Maintain communications with and update the Transmission Superintendent on the project progress; schedule personnel to be present when excavating existing pipelines; schedule “tailgate” meetings for all tie-ins; and verify the pipeline is coated and backfilled before being placed in-service.
• Assure the hydrostatic test letter is available and complete in advance of testing needs.
• Complete, sign, and submit the various forms the Company may require to the Area Field Construction Office, receive forms from other inspectors, and review and submit forms to the Area Field Construction Office.
• Have any unqualified personnel removed from the work.
• Have the contractor inform the Chief Inspector of any accident during the project and obtain a copy of the accident report.
• Work with the contractor to complete progress billings.
• Monitor any possible extra work activities, verify the hours worked, and the labor and equipment used.
• Ensure the contractor is removing all foreign material from the pipe including standing water prior to hydrostatic testing of the pipeline.
• Ensure surplus tested pipe is properly marked and identified and test records are provided to the Regional Construction Office.
• Ensure the “Redline” as-built and weld map required data is captured on a daily basis as well as civil and electrical as-builts.
• Maintain a project file to be submitted to the Regional Construction Office at the end of the project. The project file consists of daily reports submitted by Inspectors with original signature of the inspector, copy of the daily reports, DOT records any other report required by the Company, Contract Documents, Drawings, Inspectors Reference manual, and other appropriate notes for the job.
Desired Qualifications: Fundamental understanding of:
Joe Knows Energy LLC is a staffing and recruiting company that delivers added value to our clients by providing them experienced Inspectors who possess communication and leadership skills that support the goals of the project team.
We supply inspectors, primarily for the oil and gas pipeline industry, who are committed to excellent performance standards and thrive in a safety-focused team environment.
Our goal is to provide more certainty in regard to the performance of the inspection team. We do this through a proprietary platform that provides information in regards to technical skills, past performance and assessment of potential.
In addition to completing this information, we encourage you to check us out at www.joeknowsenergy.com.