MWD FIELD OPERATORS (CONSULTANT)
MWD (Measurement While Drilling) field consultants to provide measurement services on remote and sometimes rural rig-sites. The MWD Operator will provide rig-site responsibility and ownership of the MWD process, directional measurement advice, analysis, MWD equipment expertise including in directional survey and gamma data measurement.
We are looking for top candidates with MWD operations experience working in remote onshore field locations across the USA.
Job at rig site locations across several Oil & gas-producing states in the country - South Texas, Midlands/Odessa, California, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Colorado, North Louisiana, etc.
- Transporting MWD equipment to and from rig-site including tool preparation, and pre job function testing of MWD equipment
- Supervising the installation of MWD equipment into drilling contractor’s bottom-hole assembly
- Monitor and operate MWD equipment at the field site in accordance to client’s execution plans, guidelines, and established operating limits
- Monitor and verify the accuracy of directional survey and gamma logs
- Troubleshoot operational problems and proactively work towards increased equipment reliability, reduced drilling time and cost savings to customers
- Perform field level maintenance and inventory to the MWD system on location
- Pre/post job briefing and reporting as required
- Communicates daily with MWD Coordinator regarding operational progress, issues, upcoming tool requirements etc
- Liaison with rig contractor and client wellsite representative to ensure client’s targets and objectives are met.
- The MWD Consultant is available to work 12-hour shifts (including nights) and be away from home for extended periods of time including during holidays etc. He is on-call 24 hours when on the rig site.
- A minimum of 2 years of rig experience is preferred. Preference for individuals with an undergraduate degree in a STEM field and/or with previous experience and exposure to MWD/LWD equipment operations.
- Valid safety certificates for work onshore and offshore and must be able to pass a background test and drug screening
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs
- Must have demonstrable strong work ethics and dependability
- Ability to work in a safety-sensitive environment and comply with pre-access and site-specific health and safety requirements including; Fitness testing and Drug Alcohol testing
$250 - $500 Daily
About Manup Services
Manup Services provides a platform that facilitates the efficient, online custom-matching of pre-vetted, field-ready contract energy workers to projects at scale. We are on a mission to expand economic opportunities for energy workers while solving business problems for the companies that hire them. The value we offer clients is in delivering the right candidate at the right place within their operational budgets and our technology-enabled platform offers efficient compliance monitoring & enforcement, training, and workers accreditation assurance, hence peace of mind for our clients.