The Child and Family Therapy Center of Denver
Part-Time Music Therapist
If you love improving the lives of children and their families, and you want to work with one of the most friendly and supportive teams in the field, we’d love to hear from you.
The Child and Family Therapy Center of Denver are actively hiring a Part-Time Music Therapist to join our multidisciplinary team. We integrate music therapy with care plans that include behavioral therapy, child and family therapy, play therapy, and pediatric massage therapy.
We specialize in serving children 18 years old or younger with developmental disabilities or chronic and life-limiting illnesses. Sessions take place in clients’ homes as well as our offices in Greenwood Village, CO, and Westminster, CO.
- Evaluate patient capabilities and develops a treatment plan of therapeutic activities adapted to the needs, interests, abilities, and medical history of the patients
- Establish therapeutic goals for individuals and plan programs to meet these goals
- Periodically evaluate patient's progress toward established goals
- Maintain clinical notes and records
- Coordinate the therapy program with other services such as child and family therapy, in order to accomplish overall therapeutic goals
- Facilitate therapy groups for patients and their families
- Conduct prescribed therapy projects involving special instruction in vocal and instrumental music
- Other duties as assigned
- Evening/after school hours 15-20 hours a week.
- Team meetings EOW week Fridays.
- South region in-home support (south Denver to Castle Rock)
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Music Therapy (or related degree)
- You are a board-certified Music Therapist (MT-BC)
- You can work independently and as a member of a team.
- You are able to write reports identifying patient goals, outcomes, and interventions
- You have strong organizational skills to balance productivity needs and required paperwork.
- You are able to work evenings
- You have at least one year of experience providing music therapy treatment services to children
$20 - $21 hourly
About The Child and Family Therapy Center of Denver
We offer industry-leading benefits designed to take care of you and your family. Our benefits help enhance your physical, financial, and mental wellbeing, enabling you to bring your best self to work!
- Admin Support
- Vibrant, furnished office space and waiting room
- Flexible work schedule