Beautiful, comfortable condominium homes don’t just happen by accident. They are carefully designed by architects who combine their artistic and technical skills to create safe, efficiently designed and functional spaces where our clients live, work and play.
Our dynamic home building team is seeking someone who can design multi-family homes in accordance with our neighborhood requirements, using their artistic flair and understanding of home building materials that have the right aesthetic appeal and make the most of the desirable home.
You’ll work with our Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) team to design, develop and maintain plan portfolios and collaborate with our project managers, company leaders, and our purchasing team. We’re seeking someone who understands the multi-family market and design trends, formulate designs which are practical, aesthetically pleasing and conducive to a quick sale. This creates a rewarding professional environment with the opportunity to work on diverse residential project types.
If you are passionate about residential design and want to work at a fast-paced, entrepreneurial real estate company – come join our team!
Strategic Work: (15%)
- Exemplify and promote the vision, mission and Core Values of the company
- Work with the leadership team from each market to establish plan portfolio benchmarks and direction
- Assist with aligning product portfolio with the goals of multi-family/condo market
- Assist with ensuring that product portfolio and design standards align with lean principles and building science initiatives of the company
- Ensure construction drawing information and details meet trade partner requirements
- Mentor VDC and design staff members
Tactical Work: (85%)
- Produce construction drawings, ensuring all applicable building codes are met
- Develop new multi-family/condo/townhome product, including floor plans, elevations and construction details
- Oversee monthly maintenance of portfolio masters
- Coordinate the release of new plans or current plan changes with Sales and Marketing teams and provide a presentation of the changes as required
- Design and coordinate light commercial projects such as neighborhood clubhouses
- Stamp plans as required by State and Municipal entities
- Develop, document and enforce multi-family/condo design standards and details
- Conduct market research to ensure multi-family/condo product line remains current
- Conduct quality assurance plan review for each multi-family/condo project
- Provide design guidance and training to members of the VDC team
- Support the Sales Professionals by providing design guidance, producing sketches of custom design options and meeting with customers as required
- Coordinate and facilitate plan walks
- Solicit and implement feedback from trade partners to ensure plan accuracy
- Licensed Architect in the State of Wisconsin
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in residential or light commercial design, multi-family residential preferred
- College Degree
Core Competencies/Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Time management skills with the ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment; providing support, guidance and constructive feedback when appropriate
- Adaptable to changing work priorities while meeting deadlines
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed construction drawings, specifications, and basic development drawings
- Ability to develop design concepts based on the programs and parameters provided
- Advanced technology skills; including Microsoft Office Suite and Autodesk Revit highly preferred
$63,000 - $90,000 based on experience
About Harbor Homes
Harbor Homes is a single family home builder in the Greater Milwaukee Area committed to bringing affordable new homes to a high demand marketplace. Years of home building experience came together to start Harbor Homes. We do things differently here. We’re passionate about making the home buying process easy, affordable and fun.
Our entire team is driven by our values that are communicated throughout the company and most importantly, live consistently with them.
1.) Anchored to affordability
2.) Steering simplicity
3.) Making waves
4.) Rowing together
We are Harbor Homes!
Harbor Homes is also a partner of Neumann Companies and its affiliates.