We’re looking for a hard-working mowing crew leader to join our team. You will supervise other crew members with performing overall lawn care and maintenance duties. Applicants should be team players with industry experience who are proud of a job well done.
- Supervises, coordinates, and personally participates in the labor and work activities of the crew
- Operate commercial lawn mowers, line trimmers, and backpack blowers
- Directs on-the-job training of employees in regard to safety, use of equipment, and work methods
- Operate light and heavy equipment, automotive equipment, power tools, and hand tools
- Removal of trash and debris from landscape areas
- Willingness to help with snow removal in winter a plus
- May assist with leaf removal when mowing season is done.
- 1+ years of experience
- Valid Class E Driver's License or ability to get one
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions over telephone, and in-person
- Knowledge of tools, materials, and practices of grounds maintenance
- Knowledge and skill in operating automotive vehicles and heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Good attitude & hardworking
- Ability to work with a team of people
- Good attendance & reliable
- Work outdoors, in extreme temperatures, and in adverse weather
- Must lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Requires physical stamina
$15 - $17 hourly
About Horstmann Brothers
We are a family-owned company in business for over 30 years in the St. Louis area. We are a full-service landscape company with services including plant installation, bed maintenance, mowing, stone & hardscape installation, irrigation & drainage, landscape lighting, lawn applications, seasonal leaf removal. Visit our website at www.horstmannbrothers.com to view our work.
Horstmann Brothers is an Equal Opportunity Employer