The Verification Specialist plays an integral role in the mortgage origination loan process within ALCOVA Mortgage. The Verification Specialist works closely with the Processing team to ensure final Verifications of Employment are completed in a timely manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Complete and reconcile final verifications of employments.
- Review initial verification of employment on loans through Encompass comparing all information including but not limited to the information on the 1003, initial verification of employment, and all supporting documentation that they are correct and included.
- Order and obtain final verifications of employment through calls, emails or a third party verifier.
- Support supervisors in all areas needed by performing tasks as requested
- Communicate to Team Lead and loan processors if unable to achieve the verification of employment in a timely manner
- Maintain confidentiality on mortgage loan information
- Escalates any suspected fraudulent files to Compliance Team.
- Working knowledge of Encompass, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), and Internet applications.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments, situations, and job responsibilities.
- Capacity to work in a team-orientated environment from a remote workplace.
- Ability to prioritize complex diversified responsibilities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to balance workload and meet deadlines.
- Must be willing to assist teammates and build strong relationships with Loan Officers, Processors, and Operations team members to achieve closing goals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Self-starting, self-reliant, highly motivated and dependable.
- Technologically savvy and comfortable learning new computer systems and programs.
- Ability to operate under immense pressure and manage stress well.
- Compliance with all Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws, and Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) requirements is required. Employee must complete annual training in these areas.
About ALCOVA Mortgage
Most companies start with a business plan. ALCOVA Mortgage started with a friendship. Bound by common background and inspired by a passion to serve, childhood friends Bobby Nicely, Billy Siple and Rob Lindstrom dreamed of one day starting a business.
In 2003, the trio joined together to establish a mortgage company—ALCOVA—an acronym for Alleghany County, VA, in honor of their roots.
In 2012, ALCOVA Mortgage made its debut on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the United States and has been recognized every year since. The company’s phenomenal growth of 96% in three years propelled it into the league of such legendary businesses that gained notoriety on the prestigious list as Dell, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Pandora, Timberland, Zillow, Yelp, and Domino’s Pizza.
Today, ALCOVA continues to thrive, largely because of its roots in a friendship and the passion to serve.