Our Underwriting Manager is responsible for all daily mortgage underwriting activities including the development, implementation, and compliance monitoring of all policies, procedures, and guidelines related to underwriting. Responsibilities also include managing the underwriting pipeline as well as all underwriters to ensure loan underwriting is timely and to the highest level of quality and compliance.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the mortgage underwriters.
- Responsible for effective staff management, including hiring and orientation, training and development, workflow and performance management, and the promotion of an inclusive and innovative work environment.
- Remains current on all real estate lending regulations, investor requirements, and mortgage software releases.
- Develops and maintains procedures to ensure loan quality, reduce application to close turn-around times, and enhance the member experience.
- Ensures team members receive training to include software utilization, regulatory and investor requirements, product parameters, and departmental procedures.
- Conduct risk analysis of loan applications. Determine approval, suspension, or denial of residential mortgage and issue decision based upon the risk of the loan.
- Handles escalated issues as they relate to underwriting guidelines, regulatory questions, and loan closing coordination.
- Ensures compliance with all secondary market quality control requirements.
- Oversees third party relationships and integration as it relates to the mortgage LOS. Performs vendor due diligence for vendors.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of Victorian Finance, LLC policies, and procedures, as well as agency guidelines and investor overlays.
- Provide additional training to Underwriter Assistants as needed.
- Comply with Victorian Finance, LLC policy, as well as industry regulations.
- Review and analyze credit packages to determine if borrower(s) qualify for a residential mortgage by following Victorian Finance, LLC policies and procedures, agency guidelines, and investor overlays, and to issue loan dispositions, including Conditional Commitment, Suspended with Conditions, and denials.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Seven(5) + years’ experience in Mortgage Underwriting with at least 5 in a supervisory capacity.
- Certified in VA and DE lending.
- Experience with FHA, VA, Conventional, VA SAR, CDA, and USDA loans.
- Experience managing a remote/non-remote team.
- Knowledge of Encompass Program or any other Loan Originating system would be helpful.
- Proficient with Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
$120,000 - $140,000 yearly
About Victorian Finance
President, Sonny Bringol, started Victorian Finance, LLC in 2003 to help Pittsburghers achieve the American dream of homeownership. Since then he has expanded that achievement to a nationwide organization. Sonny designed our company culture and process to function with the end goal in mind—meeting our closing dates. Since the mortgage industry is unique, influenced by a number of factors outside our organization (regulation, etc.), our process is always evolving to accommodate those changes while keeping our eye on the goal.