PCL Financial Group
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working local and/or remote certified VA LAPP/SAR underwriter to join our growing Division and expand our underwriting department. This position requires a minimum of 5 years of underwriting experience and a minimum of 3 years FHA/VA/USDA and conventional underwriting experience. Must have been actively underwriting VA for the past 2 years. Jumbo experience is welcome, but not required. Must have the ability to assess risk and ensure salability of the loan to multiple investors in the secondary market.
- Underwriter residential loans to meet investor guidelines for Fannie, Freddie, FHA, VA, USDA, and Down Payment Assistance programs.
- Review loan documents for completeness and accuracy to support decision-making and requirements specific to individual investors and Agencies.
- Document and defend thought process with high-level written and oral communication.
- Be an “out of the box” thinker to counter-offer and/or provide an alternate solution when needed.
- Collaborate with Operations Management and underwriting staff as needed for underwriting decisions.
- Underwriter within posted turn-times for the Division for both new submissions, resubmissions, and any investor-related stipulations from post-closing.
- Communicate and provide feedback to Quality Control and Credit Committee as needed.
- Be communicative, helpful, and available to our Sales Team and Branch Managers.
- Request and submit exceptions when warranted/recommended.
- Credentials for LAPP/VA SAR and FHA DE.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Appraisal review and analysis.
- Tax Analysis for all types of employment.
- Up-to-date knowledge of investor guidelines.
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively with investor contacts.
- Knowledge of Encompass or other mortgage Loan Operating Systems.
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, Microsoft Teams.
- Preferred degree in banking or finance, and a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Adaptive to change.
- Ability to multi-task.
$75,000 - $90,000 DOE
About PCL Financial Group
PCL Financial Group is a growing, full-service mortgage banker. We are headquartered in Southern California, with branches throughout the country. In addition to being a direct lender, we are also correspondent with multiple jumbo investors. We offer a wide variety of loan programs, including proprietary in-house programs to meet individual customer needs. We also offer in-house processing, underwriting, and funding, with a supportive staff who are dedicated to providing superior service in the purchase and refinance market.
We continue to build and grow our division and provide opportunities for all who are willing to work hard and engage with the entire Team which benefits both, the customer and the employee.
Our benefits include medical, voluntary vision, dental, disability, life insurance, 401K, and more. We are proud to say that we pay 90% of the employee's insurance benefit cost.
Equal Opportunity Employer