Are you an organized, detail-oriented, mortgage industry professional looking for an excellent opportunity on a growing team? We’re expanding and looking for an experienced mortgage underwriter to join us. You’ll conduct a thorough analysis of all real estate loan applications to ensure correct completion based on current investor guidelines and industry standards. If your skills align with the role, start your application today!
- Make sure that after information is collected that it is correct, compliance standards are met, and it is in alignment with company policies
- Review all mortgage applications and supporting documents to ensure all necessary information is included for approval
- Research applicant’s employment and financial history to help determine the accuracy of application and documents
- Inquire about any additional information that is needed to determine loan risk
- Document in detail reasons for approving or rejecting a loan for our loan officers and clients
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in business, banking or similar field
- Demonstrates great decision-making and communication skills
- Knowledge of home loans and residential mortgages such as conventional, VA, FHA, and USDA loans, and loan products
- At least 2 years of mortgage underwriting experience or mortgage lending experience required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office and automated underwriting systems
$75,000 - $200,000 yearly
About Homespire Mortgage
We are a goal-oriented, family atmosphere. Our team gets along extremely well helping each other get loans closed while making stressful industry enjoyable.