Fairway Independent Mortgage Corp
Our top-notch lending team is looking for a goal-driven Mortgage Underwriter to assist with making quality decisions on VA, FHA, and conventional loans for our clients.
Your main responsibilities will include identifying, examining, and balancing transactional, borrower, and property-related risks and offsets to arrive at a loan decision of approval, suspense, counteroffer, or denial. You will also use your analytical skills and extensive knowledge of the loan process to thoroughly inspect credit reports, income documentation, asset documentation, liabilities, property appraisals, and title reports to make sure that loans meet company standards, government regulations, and standards for sale to the secondary market.
In addition, you will be considered the subject matter expert of the company and with partners and management on all underwriting-related issues and provide any and all analytical support and counseling advice in their functional areas as needed.
To succeed in this position, you must have a strong understanding of the loan process with knowledge of the various types of mortgage documents and investor requirements. You should also be able to effectively prioritize your time on projects and produce an accurate, high-quality work product.
If you’re a self-driven, motivated professional looking to achieve a high-level of success in the mortgage industry, then this is the opportunity for you. Reach out to us today!
- Determine if there are any risk and/or possible misrepresentation during the loan application review process
- Communicate and document reasons for approval or rejection of loans so clients and loan officers are well-informed of decisions
- Assess applications and appropriate disclosures to make sure they are compliant with all of the investor, Federal, and State requirements
- Stay up-to-date on the latest loan products and origination requirements and regularly make recommendations for improvement opportunities to management based on the current underwriting environment
- Implement specific strategies (e.g. identify the appropriate parties to settle customer issues, etc.) to respond to questions and concerns and rework loans under new terms, and identify additional conditions, when necessary
- Skills using automated underwriting software (DU/LP/GUS) Encompass software, and Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems (MERS)
- Applicants with an NMLS license preferred but will accept candidates willing to be licensed within 90 days of hire
- SAR and DE licenses preferred with strong understanding of government and/or conventional loan selling and underwriting guidelines (e.g., Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, Fannie Mae, etc.)
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to positively represent the company brand
- Possess the ability to make clear underwriting determinations while meeting our turn-time expectations and provide timely and accurate answers on several loan project guidelines
About Fairway Independent Mortgage Corp
The RJ Baxter Team is one of the top mortgage teams in Colorado and Nationwide, ranked since 2014 in the top 1% of loan originators. We pride ourselves on a high-level client experience where every family we help gets the personal attention and care that they expect and deserve.
At Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation, customer service is a way of life. Since opening our doors more than 23 years ago, our team has helped thousands of Americans achieve their dream of homeownership. Ranked as one of the top 10 mortgage companies in America by Mortgage Executive Magazine, we have funded more than $129.4 billion in loans since the company started and more than $21.8 billion in 2018 alone.