The Mortgage Underwriter will be responsible for underwriting and clearing conditions for FHA, VA and Conventional loans ensuring compliance with specific company investor and insurer underwriting guidelines in a paperless environment. Experience Underwriting USDA and Bond programs is a plus. A thorough working knowledge of industry standard product, program and compliance Underwriting guidelines is required. Senior Mortgage Underwriter candidate must be able to clearly communicate all mortgage loan guidelines to loan processors and loan officers.
- Maintains pipeline within the Company's standards 24-hour turn-around time for upfront and final underwriting.
- Reviews files upfront for initial credit decision based on Company checklists and guidelines.
- Issues loan approvals or escalates files to the loan committee when necessary based on Company guidelines.
- Grades loan application quality based on criteria covered in training.
- Reviews files throughout the process if requested by the Processor. Communicates errors and missing information to the Processor via email.
- Emails information pertaining to the loan file through Encompass.
- Adjusts condition sheet in Encompass PC with applicable conditions.
- Reviews files for final approval once all items are gathered by the Processor.
- Issues final approval uploading all necessary approval documentation into the Company's software systems with appropriate signatures.
- Works with post-closing department on any stipulations for closed files.
- Familiarity with home loans and residential mortgages such as FHA, USDA, VA, conventional loan guidelines, and loan products
- SAR and/or DE strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of Mortgage Underwriter experience in a retail environment for mortgage lenders highly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of credit and appraisal experience in mortgage lending field covering FHA, VA, and Conventional Loan Programs.
- Recent experience Underwriting FHA loans and supporting the Mortgage Lending activity at a purchase focused Mortgage lender.
- Basic understanding of mortgage banking software, Mortgage Underwriting, loans, purchase, and refinance transactions.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills.
$80,000 - $100,000
About CrossCountry Mortgage
CrossCountry Mortgage began solely as a mortgage broker in Cleveland, Ohio in 2003. Our President and CEO Ronald J. Leonhardt, Jr. had the vision to become a nationwide full-service lender that could provide more to customers — match them up with the perfect mortgage to suit their needs, provide knowledge and support every step of the way, and make their homeownership dreams possible and affordable.
Through superior customer service and a full range of loan products and programs, we’ve been able to achieve that vision and build upon it by helping more people each year buy homes from coast to coast. We’re continuing to expand our nationwide footprint, and we’re not stopping any time soon.