The Mortgage Firm
We are looking for a detail-oriented mortgage underwriter to grow with our team! You’ll be responsible for analyzing and verifying real estate loan applications while evaluating risks and making loan decisions. The ideal applicant has a thorough understanding of the latest industry trends and is able to organize and prioritize their tasks efficiently and effectively. Job seekers who feel they’re a great fit for the role are highly encouraged to apply.
- Inquire about any additional information that is needed to determine loan risk
- Review all mortgage applications and supporting documents to ensure all necessary information is included for approval
- Research applicant’s employment and financial history to help determine the accuracy of application and documents
- Provide necessary documentation/communication regarding approval or rejection of loans to loan officers
- Assure that once all information is received it is accurate, it meets compliance standards, and it aligns with company policies
- Proficient in Microsoft office and automated underwriting systems
- Excellent decision-making and communication skills
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in business, banking or similar field
- Over 2 years of mortgage underwriting experience or mortgage lending experience is required
- Familiarity with home loans and residential mortgages such as FHA, USDA, VA, conventional loan guidelines, and loan products
- Minimum 5 years of mortgage underwriting experience with thorough knowledge of FHA, VA, USDA, FNMA, FHLMC, guidelines required
- DE Required; SAR/LAPP preferred
About The Mortgage Firm
At The Mortgage Firm, we look for an ideal candidate who wears our integrity like a badge of honor. We have good moral character and take pride in our work and reputation. We have a go-getter attitude that has a lot of fun competing with each other. We understand that being open to feedback will only make us better, so accountability runs high in our organization. We treat each team member like family, so you’ll see anyone jump in and get the loan closed. Finally, we strive to communicate frequently with our borrowers and our team members. We always follow up on emails, text messages, voicemails, and phone calls. We hope this is the last place you’ll work.
We care about our employees! The Mortgage Firm, Inc. offers eligible employees a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, as well as a 401K with a discretionary employer match!
The Mortgage Firm, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.