Our mortgage company is expanding and we are seeking an experienced mortgage underwriter to join our growing team. You’ll be responsible for ensuring real estate loan applications are completed with all required documents submitted correctly and loan files are in accordance with the latest investor guidelines and industry standards. The ideal candidate is an organized, detail-oriented professional who wants to play a key role on a winning team. If this sounds like you, apply today!
- Assure that once all information is received it is accurate, it meets compliance standards, and it aligns with company policies
- Examine all documents and mortgage loan applications verifying that all necessary information is included for approval
- Document in detail reasons for approving or rejecting a loan for our loan officers and clients
- Search clients’ employment and financial histories thoroughly to determine accuracy of all documentation
- Inquire about any additional information that is needed to determine loan risk
- Familiarity with home loans and residential mortgages such as FHA, USDA, VA, conventional loan guidelines, and loan products
- Over 2 years of mortgage underwriting experience or mortgage lending experience is required
- Proficient in Microsoft office and automated underwriting systems
- Strong decision-making and communication skills
$85,000 - $115,000 yearly
About First Bank
Established in 1907, First Bank is a privately-owned community bank that's been named one of the top performing banks in the nation. Our mortgage operations located in Plano, TX combines the stability of a traditional mortgage lender with the flexibility of a portfolio bank. Coupled together, our platform provides our employees the ability to deliver the highest level of customer service throughout the entire lending process and helps create an amazing home financing experience for our clients.