Ross Mortgage Corporation
The Underwriter is responsible for evaluating a loan application for creditworthiness and determine if the loan is an acceptable risk for Ross Mortgage. The duty of the Underwriter is to review all documentation (Capacity, Credit, Cash, Collateral) to ensure that it meets investor guidelines for resale into the secondary market. The Underwriter will underwrite and clear all conditions for Conventional, FHA, VA, State Bond, Renovation and USDA loans. A thorough knowledge of products, standards and compliance is required. We offer a competitive bonus structure.
- Examine loan documentation to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with Conventional, FHA and VA standards.
- Review credit reports, applications, appraisals, etc., to ensure loans meet company and investor standards for sale into secondary market.
- Remain up to date on changes in loan underwriting requirements and all automated loan approval programs.
- Distribute Approval Notifications and Updating Loan Approval Status
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Maintain Purchase and Refinance turn times for initial and subsequent file reviews.
- Communicate with the Underwriting Manager to advise of any underwriting issues with a solution-based approach.
- Works with Post-Closing to resolve any funding issues
- Ability to work independently, must have strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exhibit professional written and verbal communication at all times
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving, and resolution skills
- Able to maintain high productivity and quality
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of business professional behaviors including punctuality, attendance, responsiveness and dependability
- Position has potential to work remotely from a branch or from home
- 5 Years of mortgage underwriting in a retail or wholesale environment
- Detailed knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC and State Bond products
$65,000 - $80,000
About Ross Mortgage Corporation
Ross Mortgage Corporation is a successful mortgage banking company with a reputation for professionalism, integrity, and quality service. Headquartered in Troy, Michigan, Ross is one of the top independent lenders in the Midwest and serves its valued customers through a network of offices.
Founded in 1949, Ross Mortgage combines 70 years of mortgage lending experience with state-of-the-art mortgage lending technology. As a full-service mortgage lender, Ross Mortgage Corporation delivers superior service and pricing to our customers since, as a lender, we possess underwriting authority and retain control over the entire transaction.
Ross Mortgage Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.