We are seeking an attentive and goal-oriented professional to join our top-producing team as a Mortgage Underwriter to assist with making quality decisions on FHA, VA, and conventional loans.
You’ll be responsible for identifying, analyzing, and balancing transactional, borrower, and property-related risks and offsets to arrive at a loan decision of approval, suspense, counteroffer, or denial. You will leverage your thorough knowledge and ability to analyze credit reports, income documentation, asset documentation, liabilities, property appraisals, and title reports, to ensure loans meet company standards, government regulations, and standards for sale to the secondary market.
You’ll also act as a recognized subject matter expert within the company and with partners and management on underwriting-related issues by providing analytical support and counseling advice for their respected functional areas.
The person in this position must possess knowledge of the loan process with various types of mortgage documents and investor requirements and be able to prioritize assignments, stay organized, and produce accurate work.
If you are a self-motivated, team-oriented, and career-minded mortgage professional who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment and seeks to achieve a high level of success, then you won’t want to miss this opportunity. Apply now!
- Assess applications and appropriate disclosures to make sure they are compliant with all of the investor, Federal, and State requirements
- Identify any risk issues and/or potential misrepresentation during the loan application review process
- Confirm and clear conditions on loans by making sure that all the necessary information is gathered, and it is correct, classified correctly, organized, compliant, and congruent with company policies
- Record reasons for approval or denial of loans and convey those reasons to loan officers and clients so they are well aware of those decisions
- Stay up-to-date on the latest loan products and origination requirements and regularly make recommendations for improvement opportunities to management based on the current underwriting environment
- 5 or more years or mortgage experience, including at least 2 years of underwriting experience
- DE and SAR licenses preferred with expert knowledge of conventional and/or government loan underwriting and selling guidelines (e.g., Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, etc.)
- Prior experience with AUS (GUS/DU/LP) Encompass software, and Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems (MERS)
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to represent the company brand in a positive light
- Candidates with an NMLS license are preferred but applicants who are willing to be licensed within 90 days of hire will be considered
$50,000 - $100,000 yearly
About Legacy Mortgage
Legacy Mortgage is an independently owned company that is Headquartered out of Albuquerque, NM. We pride ourselves on assisting not only our customers, but our neighbors. We service NM, TX, and CO. We expect honesty, transparency, and integrity.