OVM Financial is looking for a talented individual to join a successful mortgage team in Virginia Beach. This opportunity is for a person who is motivated, a self-starter, and takes initiative. This individual needs to be hardworking, trustworthy, have phenomenal organizational skills, and have a very strong work ethic. You must have a can-do attitude and the ability to learn quickly, plus adapt to a demanding and changing work environment. If you're interested in joining a team that empowers employees, apply today!
This is a full-time, in-office 9 am - 5 pm position, with flexible hours (availability after hours and weekends)
- Health Insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Company Vacation Opportunity
- Manage a pipeline from application to clear to close
- Responsible for completing loan applications via phone for applicants
- Will be the first point of contact in handling customer inquiries
- Able to evaluate loan scenarios and loan programs best suited for customers
- Able to convey loan program, process, and expectations for the homebuying process
- Work with clients, referral partners, and affiliates to smoothly process transactions along with generating reports, i.e. pipeline, closing, and customer on a weekly basis
- Weekly call session to current/past database clients and referral partner
- Responsible for sending prequalification letters to all buyers and referral partners
- Input client information in client tracker, CRM platforms, and online referral systems
- Gather initial documentation from applicants for the approval process
- Communicate with the borrower during loan transaction and other parties
- Prequalifying applicants for various loan programs, which includes running credit reports and pricing for interest rates
- Process applications through the Automated Underwriting System; LP and DU
- Prior and/or current position as Loan Officer Assistant, Loan Officer, or Processor is highly favored
- Prepare loans to be submitted to Operations Team within 24 hours of receiving all disclosures
- Ensures that all documentation is filed for submission to operations
- Attend weekly meetings with Operations Team to review file status
- Continuously updates all parties about the status of the loan files
- High School Diploma and or GED
- 3+ years of experience in the mortgage industry, a plus!
- NMLS Licensed preferred; ability to pass MLO test
- Must have Positive Can-Do Attitude!
- Must be proactive, problem-solver, and forward-thinking
- Must have been available to assist clients and real estate partners during after work hours and weekends
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must have strong data entry skills
- Must be a team player at all times
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suites is a plus!
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
About OVM Financial
Scott is a United States Marine Corps Veteran and a native of the Hampton Roads area. He has had a successful career in the mortgage industry for 15 years and prides himself on helping military service members obtain homeownership within our community. Scott provides his clients with superior customer service by being attentive to their needs and ensuring that he is constantly available to address any questions or concerns. Scott appreciates how being a part of the OVM family allows him to help clients obtain their goals of homeownership, and he hopes to help OVM expand its footprint in the Hampton Roads market.