Are you an experienced, detail-oriented mortgage loan processor who can successfully aid applicants in navigating the mortgage lending process? If so, we are looking for you! We are currently seeking a skilled and high-producing mortgage processor to work with the mortgage loan officers on our team. If you’re interested in a dynamic position on a well-established and successful lending team, look no further; apply today!
- Input detailed loan process documentation in our system - from origination to close
- Collect and verify necessary financial documentation, such as credit reports, to complete mortgage loan applications and determine creditworthiness
- Serve as a liaison between borrowers, mortgage brokers and loan officers, real estate agents, and mortgage lending underwriters to support loan approval
- Ensure loan files meet lending and regulatory guidelines and policies
- Secure property and loan documentation to process mortgage loan files such as appraisals, inspections, title searches, site surveys, contracts, and property tax records
- Communicate with various companies to obtain vendor information including, but not limited to, verification of employment, flood certificate, title commitment, and payoff information. Verify vendor orders are completed and returned, and invoices are received and documented.
- Perform a thorough review and analysis of borrower’s credit, income, and assets as required by loan program before submitting the file to underwriting.
- Obtain a complete loan package before submitting to underwriting. Verify all required documentation in the file is complete and accurate and identifies any potential issues that may arise before submitting to underwriting (pre-underwrite.)
- Prepares a loan approval summary for missing documentation before submitting to underwriting for Loan Officer/Branch Manager to review. Responsible to hand over a completely documented file to the underwriter which is ready for approval or denial.
- When requested, directly communicate with customers in writing and by telephone to obtain missing documentation required for the loan.
- Review loans for compliance within RESPA, TIL, HMDA, Reg. B, etc. (all mortgage-related regulations). Prepare proper disclosures and re-disclosures as required by regulations.
- Complete the required loan submission, re-submission, and closing checklists.
- Manage pipeline within allotted turn times.
- Document all communication related to the loan application in the LOS system’s conversation log.
- Assist closing, secondary, and servicing to obtain documentation needed to clear outstanding suspense items for personal loans worked on and/or loans worked on from other transition team members.
- Performs such other duties as required.
- Strong analytical and time management skills and superior attention to detail
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in mortgage lending and knowledge of loan types, such as FHA, FHLB, FNMA, or VA loans required
- Accounting, finance, or business Associate’s degree preferred - High school diploma or GED required
- Knowledge of RESPA guidelines. General knowledge of all mortgage and consumer lending regulations. Regulation Z and Regulation B requirements, and loan documents
- Previous experience with Encompass
- Minimum of 3 years experience in mortgage loan processing
$50,000 - $55,000 yearly
About CrossCountry Mortgage
CrossCountry Mortgage began solely as a mortgage broker in Cleveland, Ohio in 2003. Our President and CEO Ronald J. Leonhardt, Jr. had the vision to become a nationwide full-service lender that could provide more to customers — match them up with the perfect mortgage to suit their needs, provide knowledge and support every step of the way, and make their homeownership dreams possible and affordable.
Through superior customer service and a full range of loan products and programs, we’ve been able to achieve that vision and build upon it by helping more people each year buy homes from coast to coast. We’re continuing to expand our nationwide footprint, and we’re not stopping any time soon.