Our institution is experiencing rapid growth! We are building our capacity by hiring an experienced mortgage loan processor for our highly productive and skilled lending team. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the loan process, from origination to close, while paying close attention to the compliance of current lending policies and regulations. If you are a detail-oriented processor with a track record of accurate and timely mortgage approvals, we invite you to apply today!
- Document the loan process from origination to approval through our system
- Determine the best loan option for the borrower through interviewing and discussion
- Prepare and submit detailed loan packages to the lender underwriting department for approval or denial
- Ensure loan files meet lending and regulatory guidelines and policies
- Order property and loan documentation such as appraisals, inspections, title searches, site surveys, contracts, and property tax records to help process mortgage loan files
- Order the following documentation as necessary: Verification of Employment, Evidence of Insurance, Payoffs, Tax Transcripts, Credit Supplements, Condo Questionnaires, Subordination Requests and Title Work as needed for each file
- Manage a pipeline of loans and maintain a timely and compliant flow of such loans through the process
- Communicate with Underwriters to clarify conditions
- Help administer all documents that are needed to satisfy underwriting requirements
- Follow up on documents ordered in a timely manner
- Maintain loan origination system and database with the proper loan information
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required
- Monitor and ensure closing dates and company deadlines are met
- Handle all borrower communication from the point of contract to closing of the loan
- Handle all Loan Officer, Loan Partner and Underwriter communication with updates
- We prefer an Associate’s degree in accounting, finance, or business - High school diploma or GED required
- Strong analytical and time management skills and superior attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a requirement
- Experience in mortgage lending and knowledge of loan types, such as FHA, FHLB, FNMA, or VA loans required
- Experience working in a broker environment and using Calyx software
- Minimum 2 years mortgage processing experience, 5+ preferred
- Current or previous experience fulfilling the roles of Processor, LOA, Loan Partner, Loan Officer and/or Underwriter
$75,000 - $100,000 yearly
About Summit Lending
Orange County, California based Summit Lending is a direct mortgage lender, specializing in FHA, VA, and Conventional Fixed Rate for home buyers and homeowners throughout California.
Summit Lending is proud to provide personalized service in the digital age. With all technological capabilities at our fingertips.
Summit Lending is a locally owned and operated business that has served California homeowners and buyers for two decades. Our focus on exceptional customer service has earned us the support and endorsement of clients, REALTORS®, and affiliate partners throughout the State of California.
We are a proud supporter of local Orange County schools, local charitable organizations, and non-profits benefitting children in developing nations. We are proud to appear on KFI Radio’s The Patriot Program, and are a Homes For Heroes Affiliate Lender.