Our institution is experiencing rapid growth! We are building our capacity by hiring an experienced mortgage loan processor for our highly productive and skilled lending team. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the loan process, from origination to close, while paying close attention to the compliance of current lending policies and regulations. If you are a detail-oriented processor with a track record of accurate and timely mortgage approvals, we invite you to apply today!
- Collect and verify necessary financial documentation, such as credit reports, to complete mortgage loan applications and determine creditworthiness
- Maintain detailed documentation of the process in our system - from origination to close
- Obtain property documentation to process mortgage loan files, including appraisals, inspections, title searches, site surveys, contracts, and property tax records
- Act as a liaison between applicants, mortgage brokers and loan officers, real estate agents, and mortgage lending underwriters to help further loan approval
- Assure that loan files meet banking and regulatory guidelines and policies
- Verify that the loans meet all program guidelines and are in compliance with all regulatory standards.
- Review accuracy of all loan documents and are signed, dated, and fully complete.
- Contact borrowers during the process to obtain any missing documents.
- Identify any potential red flags that could be considered mortgage fraud, and notify manager.
- Provide loan status updates to borrowers, loan officers, and any other necessary internal staff members throughout the process.
- Communicate with third party vendors throughout the process to ensure that closing dates and times are correct.
- Verify third party items are ordered within a timely manner.
- Manage pipeline and update the loan system with changes.
- Comply with Victorian Finance, LLC policy, as well as industry regulations.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- 2 years minimum experience in loan processing required
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or GED required - Associate’s degree in accounting, finance, or business preferred
- Superb analytical skills, time management skills, and attention to detail
- Experience in mortgage lending and knowledge of loan types, such as FHA, FHLB, FNMA, or VA loans required
Success factors/job competencies:
- Team Oriented
- Sense of Urgency
- Attentive to Detail
- Customer Orientation
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Minimum one (2) year prior experience in the mortgage lending industry required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with Encompass LOS a plus.
$40,000 - $50,000 yearly
About Victorian Finance
President, Sonny Bringol, started Victorian Finance, LLC in 2003 to help Pittsburghers achieve the American dream of homeownership. Since then he has expanded that achievement to a nationwide organization. Sonny designed our company culture and process to function with the end goal in mind—meeting our closing dates. Since the mortgage industry is unique, influenced by a number of factors outside our organization (regulation, etc.), our process is always evolving to accommodate those changes while keeping our eye on the goal.