First Step Home Loans
We are currently seeking an experienced and detail-oriented mortgage loan processor for our dynamic lending team. The ideal candidate will have years of mortgage processing experience, a can-do attitude, and a proven track record of providing solutions in the mortgage lending industry. If you are looking for an excellent position that will help you reach your financial goals, start your application today!
- Serve as a liaison between borrowers, mortgage brokers and loan officers, real estate agents, and mortgage lending underwriters to support loan approval
- Assemble and submit loan packages to the lender underwriters for approval or denial
- Ensure loan files meet lending and regulatory guidelines and policies
- Collect and verify necessary financial documentation, such as credit reports, to complete mortgage loan applications and determine creditworthiness
- Order property and loan documentation such as appraisals, inspections, title searches, site surveys, contracts, and property tax records to help process mortgage loan files
- We prefer an Associate’s degree in accounting, finance, or business - High school diploma or GED required
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mortgage lending experience and loan knowledge required, specifically with FHA, FHLB, FNMA, or VA loans
- Minimum of 2+ years loan processing experience required
- Strong analytical and time management skills and superior attention to detail
About First Step Home Loans
First Step Home Loans is a client-first mortgage brokerage that specializes in home purchases and refinances. We have created an environment wherein our clients and trusted real estate partners are empowered to achieve their goals with a top-tier lending team, superior technology, and efficient processes. Buying a home is an incredible milestone, our team is here to be a support system throughout that process and set you and your family on the path to generational wealth through real estate.