Are you a detail-oriented and experienced bookkeeping professional who thrives in a team environment? We are currently seeking an experienced mortgage accounting clerk to join our tight-knit team and assist us in recording and documenting financial mortgage loan transactions. If you have stellar communication, organization, and multi-tasking skills and are looking to take your talents to the next level, please reach out to us today!
- Alert accounting manager or mortgage loan officer of any discrepancies on loan applications or financial records
- Verify and input data such as legal description, mortgager name, loan number, loan amount, and payment amount into accounting software
- Calculate reports that include taxes, interest, monthly payments, principal, and insurance for real estate mortgage loans
- Update and reconcile financial records such as invoices, disbursements, receipts, credit card transactions, third party payments, and expense vouchers into accounting software
- Aid the accounting department by completing clerical duties and providing general clerical support
- Communicate with various companies to obtain vendor information including, but not limited to, verification of employment, flood certificate, title commitment, FHA and VA case numbers, homeowner’s insurance, condo questionnaires, and payoff information
- Verify vendor orders are completed and returned, and invoices are received and documented
- Responsible for turning in a completely documented file to the Senior Processor which is ready for initial underwriting
- Verify all required documentation in the file is complete and accurate.
- When requested, directly communicate with customers in writing and by telephone to obtain missing documentation required for the loan
- Complete required checklists
- Performs such other duties as required
- Microsoft Excel, accounting software such as QuickBooks, and 10-key data entry skills are necessary
- Organization and multitasking skills are essential
- Keen attention to detail and strong verbal and written communication skills are assets
- GED, high school diploma, or equivalent is required; some college is helpful
- Accounting experience required; previous accounting experience in human resources, bookkeeping, or loan processing is helpful
- General knowledge of all mortgage and consumer lending regulations preferred
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Computer Knowledge (Microsoft Outlook Windows)
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position.
$15 - $18 hourly
About Choice Mortgage
Since 1995, Choice Mortgage has been providing Floridians with the best real estate financing programs available. As a licensed mortgage wholesale lender committed to broker and correspondent lending, we offer a wide variety of services and programs that satisfy unique needs of each of our clients.
Our staff has a deep knowledge of the mortgage market and rapidly responds to all of the new opportunities that are made available. We are a direct lender and offer multiple outlets for your loan. Our staff applies your personal scenario to the best available program to ensure financial savings and quick closings.