Amcap Mortgage, Ltd
Our team is expanding and we’re looking for a Mortgage Underwriter expert to help make quality decisions for clients on VA, FHA, and conventional loans.
You’ll identify, examine, and balance transactional, borrower, and property-related risks and offsets, to determine a loan approval, suspense, counteroffer, or denial. You’ll also be responsible for inspecting credit reports, income documentation, asset documentation, liabilities, property appraisals, and title reports to make sure that loans meet company standards, government regulations, and standards for sale to the secondary market.
In this role, you’ll also be considered the resident specialist for the company, partners, and management, on all matters related to underwriting and will provide advice and support to these parties in their functional areas.
Job seekers should have exceptional knowledge of the loan process and various types of mortgage documents requirements. You should also have excellent time management skills, and be able to efficiently produce accurate, high-quality work.
If you’re a driven, self-motivated mortgage professional looking for your next career move, this is your big opportunity to join a top-notch lending team. Apply now!
- Evaluate applications and relevant disclosures to assure compliances with all Federal, State, and investor requirements
- Analyze loan applications to identify any risk issues and/or potential misrepresentation
- Verify and clear conditions on all loans and ensure once all information is gathered that it is accurate, properly classified and organized, compliance standards are met, and it is in congruence with company policies
- Engage specific strategies (e.g., determine appropriate individuals to resolve escalated customer issues, etc.) to answer questions and concerns and rework loans to new terms, and identify additional conditions, as needed
- Stay up-to-date on the latest loan products and origination requirements and regularly make recommendations for improvement opportunities to management based on the current underwriting environment
- Skills using automated underwriting software (DU/LP/GUS) Encompass software, and Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems (MERS)
- Preference for candidates with SAR and DE licenses and exceptional knowledge of conventional and/or government loan selling and underwriting guidelines (VA, FHA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, etc.)
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to represent the company brand in a positive light
- Must be able to make quality underwriting decisions with maintaining company turn-time expectations and provide quick and accurate answers on multiple loan project guidelines
- NMLS license preferred or must be willing to get licensed within 90 days of hire
$75,000 - $135,000 yearly
About Amcap Mortgage, Ltd
Work for a company that has been TOP RATED to work for (now 9 years in a row) in the Houston area!
You will work side by side with our #1 producing salesperson of 2020.