We are looking for a detail-oriented mortgage underwriter to grow with our team! You’ll be responsible for analyzing and verifying real estate loan applications while evaluating risks and making loan decisions. The ideal applicant has a thorough understanding of the latest industry trends and is able to organize and prioritize their tasks efficiently and effectively. Job seekers who feel they’re a great fit for the role are highly encouraged to apply.
- Search clients’ employment and financial histories thoroughly to determine accuracy of all documentation
- Make sure that after information is collected that it is correct, compliance standards are met, and it is in alignment with company policies
- Communicate and document reasons for approval or rejection of loans so clients and loan officers are well-informed of decisions
- Request additional information as needed on all documents to help determine loan risk
- Verify mortgage applications including supporting documents to be certain they contain all pertinent information for loan approval
- Proficient in Microsoft office and automated underwriting systems
- Knowledge of home loans and residential mortgages such as conventional, VA, FHA, and USDA loans, and loan products
- At least 2 years of mortgage underwriting experience or mortgage lending experience required
- Demonstrates great decision-making and communication skills
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in business, banking or similar field
- Must have DE
- Wholesale Underwriting experience strongly preferred
$90,000 - $115,000 yearly
Fortune Favors the Bold!
Founded at the height of the mortgage crisis in 2008, EPM has grown to become one of the leading mortgage lenders in the U.S. EPM's new mission, which was launched at the beginning of 2020 states: "We are a resource, and voice, for financial empowerment." With that said the vision of the organization is clear. EPM strives "to continue to offer top financial service, communication, and assistance to the communities we serve."
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, EPM is licensed in 49 states and provides an array of lending resources such as Conventional, FHA, VA, 203K, Reverse, and USDA loans, as well as a, trusted Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac & Ginnie Mae Seller/Servicer.
With a dedicated staff of highly experienced professionals, EPM provides exceptional pricing for thousands of clients annually, without compromising follow-through and customer service.
For more information about EPM visit us online at EPM.net