Our top-notch lending team is looking for a goal-driven Mortgage Underwriter to assist with making quality decisions on VA, FHA, and conventional loans for our clients.
Your main responsibilities will include identifying, examining, and balancing transactional, borrower, and property-related risks and offsets to arrive at a loan decision of approval, suspense, counteroffer, or denial. You will also use your analytical skills and extensive knowledge of the loan process to thoroughly inspect credit reports, income documentation, asset documentation, liabilities, property appraisals, and title reports to make sure that loans meet company standards, government regulations, and standards for sale to the secondary market.
In addition, you will be considered the subject matter expert of the company and with partners and management on all underwriting-related issues and provide any and all analytical support and counseling advice in their functional areas as needed.
To succeed in this position, you must have a strong understanding of the loan process with knowledge of the various types of mortgage documents and investor requirements. You should also be able to effectively prioritize your time on projects and produce an accurate, high-quality work product.
If you’re a self-driven, motivated professional looking to achieve a high level of success in the mortgage industry, then this is the opportunity for you. Start your application today!
- Engage specific strategies (e.g., determine appropriate individuals to resolve escalated customer issues, etc.) to answer questions and concerns and rework loans to new terms, and identify additional conditions, as needed
- Identify any risk issues and/or potential misrepresentation during the loan application review process
- Record reasons for approval or denial of loans and convey those reasons to loan officers and clients so they are well aware of those decisions
- Examine applications and all pertinent disclosures to ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and investor requirements
- Maintain knowledge of all the latest loan products and origination requirements and continually suggest improvement opportunities to management based on the current underwriting environment
- Possess the ability to make clear underwriting determinations while meeting our turn-time expectations and provide timely and accurate answers on several loan project guidelines
- 5 or more years or mortgage experience, including at least 2 years of underwriting experience
- Experience with AUS (LP/DU/GUS), Encompass software, and Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems (MERS)
- Applicants with an NMLS license preferred but will accept candidates willing to be licensed within 90 days of hire
- SAR and DE licenses preferred with strong understanding of government and/or conventional loan selling and underwriting guidelines (e.g., Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, Fannie Mae, etc.)
$75,000 - $125,000 yearly
About GSD Team
We are a small team of experienced professionals that truly enjoy working together. We believe in homeownership as a fulfillment of the American Dream and are dedicated to helping our customers get the right loan, that makes sense for them, with as little hassle as possible. We believe serving our customers is the lifeblood of our business and the reason we do what we do. We have a positive, focused, self-starting environment, and are looking to add similarly minded people to our team so we can help even more individuals with their mortgages.