Our team is expanding and we’re looking for a Mortgage Underwriter expert to help make quality decisions for our clients on VA, FHA, and conventional loans.
You’ll identify, examine, and balance transactional, borrower, and property-related risks and offsets, to determine a loan approval, suspense, counteroffer, or denial. You’ll also be responsible for inspecting credit reports, income documentation, asset documentation, liabilities, property appraisals, and title reports to make sure that loans meet company standards, government regulations, and standards for sale to the secondary market.
In this role, you’ll also be considered the resident specialist for the company, partners, and management, on all matters related to underwriting and will provide advice and support to these parties in their functional areas.
Job seekers should have exceptional knowledge of the loan process and various types of mortgage documents and investor requirements. You should also have excellent time management skills, and be able to efficiently produce accurate, high-quality work.
If you’re a driven, self-motivated mortgage professional looking for your next career move, this is your big opportunity to join a top-notch lending team. Start your application today!
- Assess applications and appropriate disclosures to make sure they are compliant with all of the investor, Federal, and State requirements
- Verify and clear conditions on all loans and ensure once all information is gathered that it is accurate, properly classified and organized, compliance standards are met, and it is in congruence with company policies
- Document reasons for approval or rejection of loans and communicate those reasons with clients and loan officers so they are well-informed of those decisions
- Implement specific strategies (e.g. identify the appropriate parties to settle customer issues, etc.) to respond to questions and concerns and rework loans under new terms, and identify additional conditions, when necessary
- Review all mortgage items and conditions provided by borrowers to ensure all necessary information is included for approval and meet required guidelines utilizing internal and external (e.g. agency) policies and procedures (e.g. automated underwriting systems like Desktop Underwriter(DU))
- Must be able to make quality underwriting decisions with maintaining company turn-time expectations and provide quick and accurate answers on multiple loan project guidelines
- Applicants with an NMLS license preferred but will accept candidates willing to be licensed within 90 days of hire
- Strong customer service skills while also being able to represent the company brand in a positive way
- Experience with AUS (LP/DU/GUS), Encompass software, and Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems (MERS)
- At least 5 years of mortgage experience and 2 years of underwriting experience
$60,000 - $95,000 yearly