Are you an organized, detail-oriented, mortgage industry professional looking for a lucrative opportunity on a growing team? We’re expanding and looking for an experienced mortgage underwriter to join us. You’ll conduct a thorough analysis of all real estate loan applications to ensure correct completion based on current investor guidelines and industry standards. If your skills align with the role, let’s connect!
- Ensure once all information is gathered that it is accurate, compliance standards are met, and it is in congruence with company policies
- Communicate and document reasons for approval or rejection of loans so clients and loan officers are well-informed of decisions
- Inquire about any additional information that is needed to determine loan risk
- Conduct a thorough search of clients’ financial and employment history to ensure accuracy of application and documents
- Verify mortgage applications including supporting documents to be certain they contain all pertinent information for loan approval
- Understanding of home loans and residential mortgages such as FHA, VA, conventional, and USDA, and loan products
- Excellent decision-making and communication skills
- Over 2 years of mortgage underwriting experience or mortgage lending experience is required
- Proficient in Microsoft office and automated underwriting systems
About LeaderOne Financial
Founded in 1992, LeaderOne Financial Corporation is a 100% employee-owned mortgage banking firm. Our unique ownership culture and customer focus have led to an explosive growth rate of 1882% over the last three years in mortgage markets across the country, creating a stronger base to serve existing and future employees, borrowers, and referral partners.
Our highly qualified staff is currently originating over 2 billion dollars in mortgages annually and servicing over $600 million in conventional and government loans. We pride ourselves on hiring and cultivating the best professionals in the mortgage industry. Our corporate office is located in Overland Park Kansas.
We are hiring for the MN region which will finish around 7500 units and 1.5 billion in 2020. We work in a culture where critical thinking and teamwork are celebrated, with loan officers that are breaking records and where everyone is encouraged to be their best selves.