Fairway Independent Mortgage
Residential Mortgage Loan Processor - experience required
The Mortgage Loan Processor position prepares loan files for residential underwriting. The candidate in this role also communicates with the branch, corporate employees, and clients in a timely, efficient, and friendly manner. Residential Mortgage Processing experience in the last 2 years is a must. Bank processing background is acceptable. Correspondent lending experience helpful.
- The ideal candidate will have at least two years of processing experience.
- This is a remote position, and most of the branches will be in the Midwest
- The candidate will be processing for branches, this is not a processing center environment in some cases
- Bilingual - Spanish is a big plus
- The processor works with Loan Officer to determine product suitability; communicates changes to a loan officer, underwriter, and/or client
- Gathers financial and other needed data to complete loan file. Monitors financial information for accuracy
- Evaluates loan applications for reasonableness and, if needed, escalates files for further evaluation
- Communicates with Loan Officer and borrower to obtain missing documentation
- Reviews files for completeness and accuracy prior to submission to Underwriting
- Communicates with Underwriter, Loan Officer, and Client to troubleshoot potential issues and discuss concerns
- Prioritizes workflow so loans close on time
- Communicates and Provides excellent customer service to borrowers, loan officers, vendors, and other interested parties.
- Complete understanding of conventional and government (FHA/VA) loan requirements
- Complete knowledge of state and federal lending regulations
- Extensive knowledge loan processing software (encompass experience is a plus)
- Solid understanding of desktop underwriting programs preferred
- Sound knowledge and understanding of customer service and intrapersonal best practices
$65,000 - $100,000+ yearly
About Fairway Independent Mortgage
Fairway Independent Mortgage is rated #1 best mortgage company to work for 6 years in a row! This is an outstanding chance to work for a well-established company with a supportive culture. Compensation is commensurate with your skills.