Alterra Home Loans
Bilingual Mortgage Loan Processor
Are you an experienced, detail-oriented mortgage loan processor who can successfully aid applicants in navigating the mortgage lending process? If so, we are looking for you! We are currently seeking a skilled and high-producing mortgage processor to work with one of our nationally recognized loan officer's. If you’re interested in a dynamic position on a well-established and successful lending team, look no further; apply now!
- Review new files within 48 hours of receipt and verify that compliance documents were issued within proper time frame. Notify the appropriate staff member if additional documentation or information is needed.
- Maintain a pipeline of 25 or more loan files
- Order all necessary documents to satisfy AUS findings, investor and agency requirements
- Verify, Review and track all requested documents in Encompass.
- Review documentation received within 24 hours of receipt and follow up in the event of discrepancies or omitted data. During documentation review, if any discrepancies are identified immediately notify Loan Originator or appropriate team member.
- Use documentation to perform functions, such as calculating verified income or verifying assets, and update Encompass accordingly.
- Review, organize and prepare loan for underwriting submission
- Clear any approval or suspense conditions as outlined by the underwriter, or closer.
- Ensure that all appropriate closing documentation is in the loan file (i.e. title documentation, home owners’ insurance third-party invoices). Documents are to be reviewed within 24 hours of receipt and communicated with Loan Originators.
- Loans are to be processed to meet purchase contract deadlines and rate lock expiration dates.
- File submitted to closing department upon obtaining CTC – approval milestone
- Assist other processors, Underwriters and Closing departments as needed.
- Respond to customer inquiries and other related parties on a transaction as determined by Loan Originator
- Assist with the clearing of post-closing conditions received to avoid any financial loss.
- Knowledge of current state's regulatory lending laws and requirements
- Experience using Government sites for FHA, and VA files to place orders and obtain case numbers
- Maintain a focus on enhancing customer service skills and knowledge
- Ensure KPI’s are met set forth by the branch manager or corporate processing manager
- Maintain quality and data integrity of all loan files
- Perform other duties as assigned
- We prefer an Associate’s degree in accounting, finance, or business - High school diploma or GED required
- Strong analytical and time management skills and superior attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a requirement
- Knowledge of Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae and FHA/VA/USDA guidelines
- Knowledge of general federal and state mandated consumer disclosure requirements
- Familiarity with automated underwriting technology i.e., Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriter, Freddie Mac Loan Prospector, and Guaranteed Underwriting System
- Proficient in data entry and management
- 5 years recent loan processing experience in the mortgage industry required
- Familiarity with TILA / RESPA Integrated Disclosure (TRID)
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience using Encompass
- Timely communication and response times according to department standards
$60,000 - $70,000 yearly
About Alterra Home Loans
Alterra Home Loans' Three Core Values are 1) The Little Things Matter 2) Find a Better Way and 3) Own It. Our mission is to increase family wealth through home ownership. Alterra was voted by Mortgage Tech Magazine as one of the top tech-savvy companies and recognized by the Hispanic Business Magazine as one of the fastest-growing Hispanic businesses.