The Loan Processor is responsible for providing exceptional customer service by obtaining necessary documentation to pre underwrite the loan and communicate directly with the customer and/or loan officer in a professional and effective manner. Must have a self-motivated personality and ability to prioritize and manage a pipeline along with strong knowledge of loan programs and guidelines.
- Perform a thorough review and analysis of borrower’s credit, employment, income, and assets as required by the particular loan program before submitting to underwriting
- Assemble the complete loan package in proper order for underwriting
- Verify all required documentation (pre-underwrite) in the file
- Complete the required loan checklist
- Verify that an application is complete and accurate
- Identify any potential issues that may arise in underwriting
- Follow up with borrower communication to receive an outstanding condition
- The Loan Processor is the liaison between the Loan Officer, Underwriter, and various third parties.
- Prepare a loan approval summary, and ensure the accuracy of all the information printed on those documents. Communicate directly with the customer, and underwriter to obtain initial and any missing documentation required to qualify for the loan
- Communicate with various companies to obtain Property Survey, Flood Certificate, Title Commitment, and payoff information
- Review loans for compliance with all mortgage-related regulations (RESPA, TIL, HMDA, Reg. B, etc.) and prepare required disclosures
- Manage pipeline by completing and submitting reports within allotted turn-around times
- Assist closing, secondary marketing, and loan servicing to obtain and clear outstanding suspense items from CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc. investors
- A minimum of 3 years of current residential mortgage processing experience
- Working knowledge of RESPA regulations and general knowledge of all mortgage and consumer lending regulations, including but not limited to Regulation Z and Regulation B requirements, and loan documents preferred
- Strong knowledge of loan programs and guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to analyze and be proactive on loan conditions needed in a file
- Available to work varying hours and overtime if needed
- Computer Knowledge (DU, LP, Microsoft Office, and Windows).
- Encompass experience is preferred but not required
- Bilingual preferred but not required
$85,000 - $130,000
About CrossCountry Mortgage
CrossCountry Mortgage is more than a mortgage! When we started in 2003, our President and CEO Ronald J. Leonhardt, Jr., had the vision to become a nationwide full-service lender that could provide more to customers — meeting their needs, being there every step of the way, and making homeownership dreams possible and affordable. We’re continuing to expand our nationwide footprint, and we’re not stopping any time soon!
Come join a smart company that will help you grow both personally and professionally. With the best leadership team in the industry, competitive pay/benefits, and the opportunity for remote work, CrossCountry offers the full package.