Our institution is experiencing rapid growth! We are building our capacity by hiring an experienced mortgage loan processor for our highly productive and skilled lending team. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the loan process, from origination to close, while paying close attention to the compliance of current lending policies and regulations. If you are a detail-oriented processor with a track record of accurate and timely mortgage approvals, we invite you to apply today!
- Assemble and submit loan packages to the lender underwriters for approval or denial
- Assure that loan files meet banking and regulatory guidelines and policies
- Obtain property documentation to process mortgage loan files, including appraisals, inspections, title searches, site surveys, contracts, and property tax records
- Liaise between the mortgage lending underwriting department, mortgage loan originators, real estate agents, and applicants to facilitate loan approval
- Determine the best loan option for the borrower through interviewing and discussion
- Review income, credit, assets, and property information against guidelines to ensure eligibility for the desired loan program
- Submit for loan approval and gather/review all outstanding loan conditions
- Submit, process, and close loans according to company guidelines and time frames.
- Gather and review documentation for the loan—pre-underwriting to ensure all documents submitted are accurate and relevant.
- Documentation may include Title documentation.
- Communicate effectively with lenders, loan officers, title company, jr. processors, etc.
- Work with the Loan Officers to ensure all conditions are obtained in a timely fashion
- Order and review appraisals
- Review and approve all closing documentation sent by lenders
- Schedule closing of loans
- Satisfy any conditions required for funding of the loan
- Order loan documents and coordinate with third-party escrow companies for a Timely Closing
- Prioritize and monitor daily workflow in order to ensure all loans meet contractual contingency and closing deadlines with pro-active communication to referral partners and clients in accordance with company timeline expectations
- Assume responsibility and ownership of the loans in your personal pipeline
- Stay current on all guidelines and program changes
- Mortgage lending experience and loan knowledge required, specifically with FHA, FHLB, FNMA, or VA loans
- We prefer an Associate’s degree in accounting, finance, or business - High school diploma or GED required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a requirement
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail, as well as strong analytical and time management skills
- 2 years minimum experience in loan processing required
- Understanding of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guidelines
- FHA/VA experience is strongly preferred
- Current knowledge of federal and state disclosure guidelines
- Current understanding and knowledge of compliance, TRID, RESPA, etc.
- Technology savvy- proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Office Suite, Desktop Underwriter, and Loan Prospector
- Ability and experience working with Encompass or Calyx
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Advanced ability to analyze complex tax returns to calculate income for all types of borrowers accurately
- Demonstrate high volume productivity
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and work efficiently under pressure
- Must be a team player and work well with both Sales and Operations Staff providing utmost levels of customer service and an open line of communication
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong desire to help build relationships with Realtors and Borrowers
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Positive attitude and self-motivation are critical
LENDSPIRE is a local Chattanooga based mortgage company that leverages technology to provide the most efficient, seamless, and cost-effective mortgage process for the consumer.