Fairway Independent Mortgage
The Branch Mortgage Loan Processor position prepares loan files for residential mortgage application underwriting. The candidate in this role also communicates with branch and corporate employees in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner. Residential Mortgage Processing experience in the last 2 years is a must. Preferably in a correspondent lending company but bank processing background is also acceptable.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of processing experience.
This is a remote position, and most of the branches will be in the Midwest
You will be processing for branches, this is not a processing center environment.
- Works with Loan Officer to determine product suitability; communicates changes to loan officer
- Complies financial and other needed data to complete loan file
- Orders supporting documentation, such as appraisals, verifications of employment, verifications of deposits, etc.
- Evaluates loan applications for reasonableness and, if needed, escalates files for further evaluation
- Communicates with Loan Officer and borrower to obtain missing documentation
- Reviews files for completeness prior to submission to Underwriting
- Submits files to underwriting and receives approval back from underwriting.
- Obtains documentation needed to clear conditions, if required
- Submits approved files to Closing
- Prioritizes workflow so loans close on time
- Communicates with title company, appraiser, and other vendors as required
- Provides excellent customer service to borrower, loan officer, vendors, and other interested parties
- Prepares and sends approval and denial letters, notices of inaction, etc.
- Directs client to Loan Officer or other licensed employees to clarify and/or to answer any questions
- Records data on the status of loans, including the number of new applications and loans approved, canceled or denied
- Solid knowledge and understanding of conventional and government (FHA/VA) loan requirements
- Solid knowledge and understanding of state and federal real estate lending regulations
- Solid knowledge and understanding of loan processing software systems
- Solid knowledge and understanding of desktop underwriting programs preferred
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of customer service and intrapersonal best practices
- Experience in the jumbo lending arena is a plus
$60,000 - $100,000
About Fairway Independent Mortgage
Fairway Independent Mortgage is rated #1 best mortgage company to work for 6 years in a row! This is an outstanding chance to work for a well-established company with a supportive culture. Compensation is commensurate with your skills.