Shelter Island Capital
We are looking for a skilled mortgage loan officer assistant to join our top-producing team and assist our mortgage loan origination officers. This position requires a unique mix of sales and customer service skills, plus the ability to manage loan files from beginning to end. Effective communication skills are essential for building relationships that help us to obtain future business. If you are detail-oriented, thorough, and can offer top-notch customer service, start your application today!
- Screen and make calls, book appointments and provide administrative support as needed
- Follow up and respond to customer and in-house inquiries on transactions as needed in order to provide superior customer service
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison between clients, branch manager, and assigned loan originator and conduct meetings to coordinate any follow-up items
- Gather and coordinate necessary loan documentation necessary for verifications and underwriting such as loan files, loan packages, credit reports, and additional mortgage application paperwork
- Verify all loan package documentation received is accurate and complete in accordance with company policy and procedures and report any discrepancies to the loan originator/ loan officer
- Highly motivated and goal-oriented with excellent customer service and communication skills
- Understand basic loan financing options such as conventional loans, FHA, VA, adjustable/ fixed, commercial loans, etc.
- At least 2-3 years of professional office environment required, preferably as an administrative or mortgage assistant
- MS Office proficiency required; some CRM, MLS, DU, and proprietary mortgage software preferred
- Although not required, having an NMLS license or training is preferred
- Must reside within driving distance to our location in San Diego, CA
$15 - $18 hourly
About Shelter Island Capital
Shelter Island Capital is a boutique Lending and Insurance brokerage focusing its business primarily in Southern California with means of transacting anywhere in the state and in Florida. Our goal is to provide the utmost in personal service while maintaining efficiency and providing cost-effective solutions for the financing of real estate along with protecting the assets and livelihood of our clients through various insurance tools.
We take pride in our strong background in financing and have maintained seasoned relationships with a diversity of investors ranging from the largest financial conglomerates and institutional lending companies to specialty lending groups and private banks and investors, our financing capabilities are virtually unlimited.