The Kernen Team at Geneva Financial
Do you love helping finance but don’t love hunting for new leads? If so, we’re looking for you! We’re hiring a full-time loan partner that will work within our existing team to structure loans for our clients and help get applicants mortgage-ready. While our loan officer is out in the field driving in more loan business to fill the pipeline, you’ll be preapproving new prospects, analyzing customer credit, reviewing income, and assessing documents to ensure an efficient and successful close.
Applicants should be a highly-motivated, goal and detail-oriented professionals, driven to succeed. Since this is primarily a salaried position, you’ll never again have to worry about massive ups and downs in commission. If you’re a loan officer who always felt they never quite fit the sales mold, this is the role you’ve been looking for. If you’re interested in joining a team that empowers you to embrace your natural talents and helps you achieve your career goals, apply today!
- Serve as the primary contact during the “contact to contract” phase of the loan process and liaison between clients, referral partners, and the loan officer and conduct meetings to coordinate any follow-up items
- Facilitate the completion of loan applications, coordinate the collection of documentation, including credit reports, run DU/LP/AUS, send a closing cost worksheet to borrow, and prepare the file for processing
- Establish and maintain relationships with referral partners and borrowers to retain existing clients and attract new business
- Check each document in the loan package for omissions, discrepancies, and inaccurate income calculations and promptly notify the loan originator of any errors
- Answer questions from customers or employees regarding transactions and give quotes when required to deliver excellent customer service
- Provide availability to referral partners, make contact with incoming customer referrals, determine viability and issue prequalification/preapproval
- Assist Realtors with formulating successful purchase offers, and update all parties as the deal proceeds
- Strong understanding of mortgage loan products (FHA/VA/CONV/USDA) and knowledge of mortgage documentation, processes, and procedures
- Capable of analyzing credit reports, income, and asset documents, and can structure a loan properly in a variety of ways
- Working knowledge of automated underwriting systems such as DU and LP
- Superb follow-up, time management, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Current NMLS license
- Minimum 1-2 years of mortgage origination or related experience
- Working knowledge of loan origination systems such as Encompass or Calyx is highly preferred
$45,000 - $60,000 yearly, with more possible
About The Kernen Team at Geneva Financial
Experienced, high performance local team/branch. Awesome culture and company performance.