The Kernen Team at Geneva Financial
Mortgage Loan Originator (Thurs-Mon work week), NMLS licensed
Our branch has an awesome culture with AMAZING support. We have a particular need for an experienced MLO to work closely within our team but provide coverage to our partners over the weekend.
Your production can be a mix of your own self-sourced business, plus working our referral partner's preapprovals and deals that develop over the weekend. Branch leads can also be provided. You will learn and utilize our proven, world-class systems, scripting, and loan process. You will be expected to work and/or be on-call Saturday and Sundays for this position, plus other days during the week as we mutually determine the best fit. Compensation options include full commission or a salary-plus-commission combination.
We have local in-branch processing, a single top-notch underwriter for all standard file types (you will know your underwriter on a first-name basis and have the freedom to call whenever needed!), plus a dedicated closer. All turn-times are 48 hours or less. We have competitive pricing and excellent bps compensation. We offer superior performance on all standard programs, plus 2 non-QM investors on a correspondent basis, plus other niche options including renovation, reverse, and DSCR.
Both your in-branch and corporate support teams are world-class. Loan Officer Assistant and Virtual Assistant support are also available with appropriate closing volume.
If you are looking for a phenomenal new home for you and your clients, please submit your resume, and let's chat.
A minimum of 1-2 years MLO experience and the last 12 months volume of $5 million or more is required for this position.
- Orchestrate the completion of loan applications, coordinate the collection of documentation including credit reports, run DU/LP/AUS, prepare the file for processing, and send a closing cost worksheet to borrowers
- Serve as the primary contact during the “contact to contract” phase of the loan process and liaison between clients, referral partners, and the loan officer and conduct meetings to coordinate any follow-up items
- Respond to all in-house and customer inquiries regarding transactions and provide quotes when needed to offer exceptional customer service
- Establish and maintain relationships with referral partners and borrowers to retain existing clients and attract new business
- Look over all loan package paperwork to check for inconsistencies, omissions, and inaccurate income calculations and then report any errors to the loan originator
- Provide availability to referral partners, make contact with incoming customer referrals, determine viability and issue prequalification/preapproval
- Assist Realtors with formulating successful purchase offers, and update all parties as the deal proceeds
- Able to accurately analyze income, asset documents, and credit reports, and knows how to structure the information properly for a loan
- Strong understanding of mortgage loan products (FHA/VA/CONV/USDA) and knowledge of mortgage documentation, processes, and procedures
- Strong communication, interpersonal, time management, and follow-up skills
- Understands automated underwriting systems such as DU and LP
- Current NMLS license
- Minimum 1-2 years of mortgage origination experience, with minimum $5 million closed
- Working knowledge of loan origination systems such as Encompass or Calyx is highly preferred
$100,000 - $125,000 yearly, with much more possible
About The Kernen Team at Geneva Financial
Experienced, high performance local team/branch. Awesome culture and company performance.