We’re searching for a detail-oriented mortgage loan officer assistant. The person in this position will play a vital part in communicating with referral partners, current and past clients, real estate agents, lenders, and underwriters to nurture relationships with clients and develop new business. The successful applicant should have a unique mix of sales and customer service skills, and the ability to manage loan files successfully from beginning to end. If this sounds like you, apply now!
- Follow up and respond to customer and in-house inquiries on transactions as needed in order to provide superior customer service
- Review all loan package documentation for discrepancies, omissions, and income calculation and report any discrepancies to the loan review team
- Assemble loan documentation as required necessary for verifications and underwriting such as loan files, loan packages, credit reports, and additional mortgage application paperwork
- Screen and make calls, book appointments and provide administrative support as needed
- Act as the primary liaison between the mortgage loan officer and our clients and schedule meetings to discuss outstanding items
- NMLS license or training is not required, but is desired
- Understand basic loan financing options such as conventional loans, FHA, VA, adjustable/ fixed, commercial loans, etc.
- 2-3 years of professional office environment and administration or mortgage experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office required; CRM, MLS, DU, and proprietary mortgage software preferred
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and willing to go above and beyond for customers and team
About Southwest Funding
Southwest Funding began operations in 1993 under the name Dallas Residential Mortgage. We enjoyed great success early on and before long we were serving the entire state of Texas. This growth caused us to change our name to Texas Residential Mortgage.
As we continued to grow and thrive in the industry, Texas Residential Mortgage was changed to Southwest Funding to better accommodate our growing business in other states.
Today we’re still thriving, thanks in part to happy customers who have spread the word about what our company is doing to help borrowers get a home loan that fits their situation in an enjoyable and timely way.