Are you interested in joining a leader in the mortgage industry who offers stability and growth, ongoing training opportunities and employee engagement? We're hiring a mortgage loan officer assistant who will work directly with and support our loan origination staff. You’ll track leads daily, schedule appointments for the mortgage team, prepare paperwork, and respond to customer inquiries on transactions as needed. If you're a detail-oriented employee with strong communication and time management skills, we highly encourage you to apply.
- Provide administrative support such as screening and making calls, booking appointments, etc.
- Review all loan package documentation for discrepancies, omissions, and income calculation then report any discrepancies to the loan originator
- Assemble loan documentation as required necessary for verifications and underwriting such as loan files, loan packages, credit reports, and additional mortgage application paperwork
- Be the primary liaison between the mortgage loan officer and our clients and schedule meetings to discuss outstanding items
- Handle all customer and in-house inquiries about transactions so the process is smooth and customers receive excellent service
- Review applicants loan application, calculate income, and pre-qualify the client
- Organize all documentation needed and structure the file according to the specific loan program
- Request any additional items that may be needed by the underwriter
- Provide updates to all parties involved in the transaction
- Possess an understanding of different loan products, such as conventional loans, FHA, VA, adjustable/ fixed, commercial loans, etc.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and willing to go above and beyond for customers and team
- At least 2-3 years of professional office environment required, preferably as an administrative or mortgage assistant
- Computer proficiency required including MS Office; some CRM, MLS, DU, and proprietary mortgage software preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree in finance or banking preferred
$50,000 - $70,000
About CrossCountry Mortgage
CrossCountry Mortgage began solely as a mortgage broker in Cleveland, Ohio in 2003. Our President and CEO Ronald J. Leonhardt, Jr. had the vision to become a nationwide full-service lender that could provide more to customers — match them up with the perfect mortgage to suit their needs, provide knowledge and support every step of the way, and make their homeownership dreams possible and affordable.
Through superior customer service and a full range of loan products and programs, we’ve been able to achieve that vision and build upon it by helping more people each year buy homes from coast to coast. We’re continuing to expand our nationwide footprint, and we’re not stopping any time soon.