We are looking for a skilled mortgage loan officer assistant to join our top-producing team and assist our mortgage loan origination officers. This position requires a unique mix of sales and customer service skills, plus the ability to manage loan files from beginning to end. Effective communication skills are essential for building relationships that help us to obtain future business. If you are detail-oriented, thorough, and can offer top-notch customer service then we need to talk!
- Act as the primary contact between our clients and our company and schedule and conduct meetings to discuss any follow-up issues or items that need to be addressed
- Answer questions about transactions for clients and company employees to help ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Provide administrative support such as screening and making calls, booking appointments, etc.
- Review all loan package documentation for discrepancies, omissions, and income calculation then report any discrepancies to the loan originator
- Coordinate and prepare documentation necessary for verifications and underwriting such as loan files, loan packages, credit reports, and additional mortgage application paperwork
- Track and manage new leads and follow up on referral business using a lead management system.
- Have an initial discovery call with new clients on warm leads.
- Send out requests to clients for loan applications and documents needed to pre-approve a purchase loan and/or finalize a refinance loan.
- Run credit reports and review all documentation – including the accurate calculation of income for all types of borrowers on FHA, VA, Conventional, and other loan programs.
- Determine best financing options and communicate pre-approval decisions to clients and Realtors, including discussing rates and terms. This involves pricing and locking loans.
- Disclose and submit complete files to processing based on investor guidelines.
- Maintain constant communication with referral partners, clients, and management.
- Prioritize and monitor daily workflow in order to ensure all leads are being worked on in accordance with the company's timeline expectations.
- Work additional hours as needed.
- Assume responsibility and ownership of the leads in your personal pipeline.
- Stay current on all investor guidelines and program changes.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree in finance or banking preferred
- Ability to effectively work in a strong team-oriented environment and provide outstanding communication and customer service to clients
- Having an NMLS license is not required, but is preferred
- At least 2-3 years of professional office environment required, preferably as an administrative or mortgage assistant
- Possess an understanding of different loan products, such as conventional loans, FHA, VA, adjustable/ fixed, commercial loans, etc.
- Current knowledge of federal and state disclosure guidelines.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, Adobe, Desktop Underwriter, and Loan Prospector.
- Technology savvy- proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Office Suite, Desktop Underwriter, and Loan Prospector. Current familiarity with Encompass is a plus.
- Ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Advanced ability to analyze complex tax returns to accurately calculate income for all types of borrowers.
- Demonstrate high volume productivity.
- Must be detail-oriented organized and work efficiently under pressure.
- Must be a team player and work well with both Sales and Operations Staff providing utmost levels of customer service and an open line of communication.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong desire to help build relationships with Realtors and Borrowers.
- Ability to problem solve and work independently.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- A positive attitude and self-motivation are critical.
$25,000 - $55,000
LENDSPIRE is a local Chattanooga based mortgage company that leverages technology to provide the most efficient, seamless, and cost-effective mortgage process for the consumer.