Are you looking for a salaried position in the mortgage industry where you get to help customers get into the home of their dreams without having to hunt for new business? If so, we need to talk!
We’re hiring for a full-time loan partner to work in tandem with the loan officer to properly package loans for clients and get them mortgage ready. The loan officer will cultivate new business while you analyze customer credit, review income, and assess documents to ensure a successful close.
This role is perfect for the detail-oriented self-starter who thrives on success. Plus, you’ll never have to worry about commission, because we’re offering a salaried position. If you want to help people find their dream home without the hassle of finding new leads, we need to talk. Our team will empower you to embrace your natural talents, and we’ll give you everything you need to achieve your career goals. Ready to start? Apply today!
- Coordinate loan application completions, collect all necessary documents (including credit reports), run DU/LP/AUS, send a closing cost worksheet to borrowers, and get the file ready for processing
- Follow up and respond to customer and in-house inquiries on transactions and provide quotes as needed to offer superior customer service
- Coordinate discussions between the loan officer, referral partners, and clients so they have a clear primary contact throughout the “contact to contract” phase of the loan process, and arrange meetings to ensure any follow-up actions get taken
- Create and nurture relationships with both referral partners and borrowers to draw in new business and retain our existing clients
- Review all loan package documentation for discrepancies, omissions, and income calculation then report any discrepancies to the loan originator
- At least 2 years of previous experience fulfilling the roles of an LOA/Loan Partner, Processor, Loan Officer and/or Underwriter, 5+ years preferred
- Working knowledge of automated underwriting systems such as DU and LP
- Superb follow-up, time management, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Capable of analyzing credit reports, income, and asset documents, and can structure a loan properly in a variety of ways
- Strong understanding of mortgage loan products (FHA/VA/CONV/USDA) and knowledge of mortgage documentation, processes, and procedures
- Up-to-date NMLS license or willing to get licensed within 90 days
$55,000 - $65,000 yearly
About Hometown Lenders
Hometown Lenders Indy is a small close-knit group of individuals that values each unique client and support one another as a unit. At Hometown Lenders we believe our mission is more than just closing loans fast and efficiently for our clients. We also believe in helping others through Mission Firefly which is our corporate partner to take care of those in need in Guatemala.