Do you love helping people get their dream home but don’t love hunting for new leads? If so, we’re looking for you! We’re hiring a full-time loan partner that will work alongside our loan officer to structure loans for our clients and help get applicants mortgage ready. While our loan officer is out in the field driving in more loan business to fill the pipeline, you’ll be analyzing customer credit, reviewing income, and assessing documents to ensure an efficient and successful close.
Jobseekers should be the highly-motivated, goal, and detail-oriented professionals driven to succeed. Since this is a salaried position, you’ll never have to worry about commission. If you’re a loan officer who always felt they never quite fit the sales mold, this is the role you’ve been looking for. If you’re interested in joining a team that empowers you to embrace your natural talents and helps you achieve your career goals, apply today!
- Facilitate the completion of loan applications, coordinate the collection of documentation, including credit reports, run DU/LP/AUS, send a closing cost worksheet to borrow, and prepare the file for processing
- Check each document in the loan package for omissions, discrepancies, and inaccurate income calculations and promptly notify the loan originator of any errors
- Coordinate discussions between the loan officer, referral partners, and clients so they have a clear primary contact throughout the “contact to contract” phase of the loan process, and arrange meetings to ensure any follow-up actions get taken
- Answer questions from customers or employees regarding transactions and give quotes when required to deliver excellent customer service
- Establish and maintain relationships with referral partners and borrowers to retain existing clients and attract new business
- At least 2 years of previous experience fulfilling the roles of an LOA/Loan Partner, Processor, Loan Officer and/or Underwriter, 5+ years preferred
- Current NMLS license or must be willing to get licensed within 90 days
- Extensive experience with automated underwriting systems such LP and DU
- Able to accurately analyze income, asset documents, and credit reports, and knows how to structure the information properly for a loan
- Superb follow-up, time management, interpersonal, and communication skills
$50,000 with bonus per closed loan
About Hometown Lenders
Hometown Lenders Indy is a small close-knit group of individuals that values each unique client and support one another as a unit. At Hometown Lenders we believe our mission is more than just closing loans fast and efficiently for our clients. We also believe in helping others through Mission Firefly which is our corporate partner to take care of those in need in Guatemala.