Semper Home Loans
A growing Rhode Island mortgage lender is currently seeking an experience Mortgage Loan Officer to join our Westerly Branch location. Experience in Encompass, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, VA, FHA, and USDA Loan Programs is required. Please do not apply if you do not have experience.
NOTE: This position requires compliance with the SAFE Act and state licensing requirements. Licensing requirements can include, but are not limited to:
- Satisfactory completion of background checks
- Credit reports
- Continuing education
- Negotiable Salary
- A great working environment
- Unlimited career potential
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K
- Respond to customers seeking to be pre-approved to purchase a home
- Manage a pipeline of leads and follow up with customers
- Phone conversations with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and answer questions about the process
- Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services
- Generate complete loan applications with corresponding documentation
- Improve loan applications and documentation by informing the applicant of additional requirements
- Help customers by answering questions and responding to requests
- Confer with processing and underwriting to aid in resolving mortgage application problems
- Work directly alongside a producing Loan Officer
- Collecting documents from customers and referral partners
- Submitting loans to underwriting
- NMLS License Required under the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008 (“SAFE Act”)
- Thorough knowledge of all mortgage products and programs.
- Good knowledge of retail product philosophy, policy, underwriting, procedures, documentation and systems.
- Good analytical skills necessary to evaluate credit requests and determine trends in a given market place.
- Proficient in standardized software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Bachelor's preferred but not necessary.
- Encompass experience preferred but not necessary.
- Mortgage Loan Officer/Mortgage Processor experience is a must.
- A good attitude.
- Problem solving ability.
$30,000 - $75,000 (salary + bonus)
About Semper Home Loans
Our Mission at Semper Home Loans!
- A Great Work Environment
- Great Support
- Great Team Work
- Excellent Customer and Employee Experiences
- Aggressive Compensation