Semper Home Loans
A growing Rhode Island mortgage lender is currently seeking Outside/Inside Residential Mortgage Loan Officers to join our Westerly Branch location. Experience in Encompass, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, VA, FHA, and USDA Loan Programs is preferred but will train the right person.
- Source mortgage leads through prospecting efforts
- Build relationships with real estate agents and other lead sources
- Analyze potential loan markets and develop referral networks in order to locate prospects for loans
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and answer questions about the process
- Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services
- Generate complete loan applications with corresponding documentation
- Improve loan applications and documentation by informing the applicant of additional requirements
- Help customers by answering questions and responding to requests
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them
- Confer with processing and underwriting to aid in resolving mortgage application problems
- Regularly participate in activities in connection with mortgage sales, including but not limited to attend closings, open houses, etc.
- Seeking 1 year or more of sales origination experience, including established contacts/relationships with the purchase market, but will train the right person.
- Thorough knowledge of all mortgage products and programs
- NMLS License Required under the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008 (“SAFE Act”)
- Good knowledge of retail product philosophy, policy, underwriting, procedures, documentation and systems
- Experience proactively soliciting new business
- Good analytical skills necessary to evaluate credit requests and determine trends in a given market place
- Proficient in standardized software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
NOTE This position requires compliance with the SAFE Act and state licensing requirements. Licensing requirements can include, but are not limited to, satisfactory completion of background checks, fingerprinting, credit reports, testing, and continuing education.
$100,000+ a year
About Semper Home Loans
Our Mission at Semper Home Loans!
- A Great Work Environment
- Great Support
- Great Team Work
- Excellent Customer and Employee Experiences
- Aggressive Compensation