A growing Rhode Island mortgage lender is currently seeking Inside and Outside Residential Mortgage Loan Officers to join our upcoming Westerly Branch location. Experience in Encompass, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, VA, FHA, and USDA Loan Programs is preferred but will train the right person.
NOTE: This position requires compliance with the SAFE Act and state licensing requirements. Licensing requirements can include, but are not limited to: satisfactory completion of background checks, fingerprinting, credit reports, testing, and continuing education.
• Source mortgage leads through prospecting efforts
• Build relationships with real estate agents and other lead sources
• Analyze potential loan markets and develop referral networks in order to locate prospects for loans
• Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and answer questions about the process
• Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans
• Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services
• Generate complete loan applications with corresponding documentation
• Improve loan applications and documentation by informing the applicant of additional requirements
• Help customers by answering questions and responding to requests
• Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them
• Confer with processing and underwriting to aid in resolving mortgage application problems
• Regularly participate in activities in connection with mortgage sales, including but not limited to attend closings, open houses, etc.
Our Mission at Semper Home Loans!