Hawkins Home Loans, Inc.
We are looking to hire a salary based Loan Officer - Partner to join our team. We provide the borrower and your job will be to take the application and Pre-qualify, structure, Lock, and disclose. This is for the Loan Officer that loves working on the loan, but doesn’t like to “go get new business”, yet you want to be 100% paid by salary. Your passion is putting together excellent files and getting them to closing quickly and efficiently. You are unhappy, and edgy when you have to be the rainmaker. You may have felt like a “square peg” being forced into round “sales” hole and you may have been disillusioned and considered quitting the industry. In fact, there has really never been a place for a loan officer who was good at working files but didn’t like selling....until now.
- Coordinate loan application completions, collect all necessary documents (including credit reports), run DU/LP/AUS, send a closing cost worksheet to borrowers, and get the file ready for processing
- Create and nurture relationships with both referral partners and borrowers to draw in new business and retain our existing clients
- Look over all loan package paperwork to check for inconsistencies, omissions, and inaccurate income calculations and then report any errors to the loan originator
- Serve as the primary contact during the “contact to contract” phase of the loan process and liaison between clients, referral partners, and the loan officer and conduct meetings to coordinate any follow-up items
- Follow up and respond to customer and in-house inquiries on transactions and provide quotes as needed to offer superior customer service
- Excellent time management, interpersonal, communication, and follow-up skills
- The ability to analyze credit reports, income, and asset documents, as well as an understanding of general ways to structure a loan
- Working knowledge of automated underwriting systems such as DU and LP
- At least 2 years of previous experience fulfilling the roles of an LOA/Loan Partner, Processor, Loan Officer and/or Underwriter, 5+ years preferred
- In-depth knowledge of mortgage loan products (FHA/VA/CONV/USDA) and knowledge of mortgage processes, procedures, and documentation
About Hawkins Home Loans, Inc.
Our primary objective is to take our client's goals and walk them through the process step by step. Developing relationships and bonds within our community is our success story.