Fairway Independent Mortgage
The Loan Officer Assistant (also referred to as the Loan Partner 2) will oversee the origination, file management, communication, and revenue of the Loan Officer and Team. This position will be in direct communication with Clients, Realtors, Builders, and Business Partners. This position requires time management, precise verbal and written communication and have working knowledge of all major investors and their guidelines.
- Gather and coordinate necessary loan documentation necessary for verifications and underwriting such as loan files, loan packages, credit reports, and additional mortgage application paperwork
- Handle all customer and in-house inquiries about transactions so the process is smooth and customers receive excellent service
- Act as the primary contact between our clients and our company and schedule and conduct meetings to discuss any follow-up issues or items that need to be addressed
- Verify all loan package documentation received is accurate and complete in accordance with company policy and procedures and report any discrepancies to the loan originator/ loan officer
- Prequalifies clients.
- Attends all functions with Loan Officer when required.
- Complete LPII checklist on all files and adhere to company time frames.
- Meets with clients to sign Loan Application and Disclosures.
- With new contracts, facilitate the introduction to Realtors via e-mail and facilitate a call from the Loan
- All files turned into processing within 24 hours of meeting with the borrower.
- Submits complete files to processing based on Investor and/or AUS requirements to get ready for submission.
- Communicates with your team all information pertaining to client and/or property to meet file expectations
Essential Duties continued:
- Responsible for once a week status calls to all parties involved in transaction (Clients, Realtors, Builder, etc.).
- Tracks and manages new leads and follows up on referral business.
- Sends out correspondence – Thank you cards, Closing Cost Calculators, etc.
- Coordinate Closing details with Client – Final Payment, rate, Cash to Close, etc.
- Solve escrow issues.
- Consistently exceed borrower expectations and Realtor/Builder expectations.
- Set up file using the loan officer checklist and turn into processing
- Review all closing statements and compare to signed GFE before signings and correct discrepancies.
- Assist LPI with putting scenarios together for prospective clients (researching client scenarios with underwriting and investor guidelines).
- Re disclose all new loans when there is a change of circumstance.
- Attend all loan reviews.
- Highly motivated and goal-oriented with excellent customer service and communication skills
- At least 2-3 years of professional office environment required, preferably as an administrative or mortgage assistant
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week and overtime as required.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook applications.
- Proficient in DU/DO, LP, & major Origination systems.
While performing the duties of this job, a person is regularly sitting in a normal office environment at a desk using a computer, phone, fax and copy machine. This person may occasionally need to lift up to 20 pounds.
$36,000 - $45,000 yearly
About Fairway Independent Mortgage
Here at Fairway Independent Mortgage, we exemplify a hard-working, family-oriented work culture and know the importance of taking great care of our employees.
We pride ourselves on giving back to our staff by offering many different company benefits, upholding a humble, family-like work culture, and consistently helping our employees reach their career goals.
We look forward to bringing on candidates who are looking for a teamwork culture that we provide here at our company.