We're searching for a detail-oriented mortgage loan officer assistant. This position will play a vital part in communicating with referral partners, current and past clients, real estate agents, lenders, and underwriters to nurture relationships and develop new business. You will facilitate the completion of real estate loan applications, collect, analyze, and review supporting loan documentation in accordance with loan guidelines, and provide support throughout the loan application process. If you're interested in joining a team that empowers employees, clients, and partners to help them reach their goals, apply today!
- Screen and make calls, book appointments and provide administrative support as needed
- Be the primary liaison between the mortgage loan officer and our clients and schedule meetings to discuss outstanding items
- Verify all loan package documentation received is accurate and complete in accordance with company policy and procedures and report any discrepancies to the loan originator/ loan officer
- Gather and coordinate necessary loan documentation necessary for verifications and underwriting such as loan files, loan packages, credit reports, and additional mortgage application paperwork
- Handle all customer and in-house inquiries about transactions so the process is smooth and customers receive excellent service
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Responsible for assisting with administrative duties related to client relationships and identifying client service and sales needs.
- Assists with coordination and follow-up with clients to ensure superior customer service.
- Courtesy, customer service, and tact are essential elements of this position. Work involves a large degree of personal contact with others both in and out of the organization for purposes of obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
- Reviews loan applications to determine the completeness of all documents and verify the borrowers' qualifications for specified loan products.
- Advises Loan Officers of any deficiencies or missing documentation.
- Works with escrow to obtain all items necessary for disclosure (e.g. estimated HUD, preliminary title report, closing protection letter, and wire instructions).
- Coordinates sending of disclosures, ordering an appraisal, and running of credit.
- Packages and submits complete files to operations through the Company's loan origination software program.
- Upon receipt of loan approval, works with Loan Officers, Loan Coordinators, and Escrow Officers to clear all prior to doc conditions and funding conditions.
- Prepares doc requests and submits to Loan Coordinators, if used.
- Arranges signing for borrowers with Escrow Officers.
- Works closely with Loan Officers, Funders, and Escrow Officers to clear funding conditions.
- Organizes filing system, answers phones, photocopies documents, and prepares correspondence and documents as needed.
- Prepares marketing materials and may coordinate meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- May be responsible for the preparation of specialized reports and documents.
- Preferred degree in banking or finance, and a high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Although not required, having an NMLS license or training is preferred
- Highly motivated and goal-oriented with excellent customer service and communication skills
- MS Office proficiency required; some CRM, MLS, DU, and proprietary mortgage software preferred
- 2-3 years of professional office environment and administration or mortgage experience preferred
- Minimum of at least one year of experience in the mortgage field is required; two years of relevant experience or previous sales support experience is also preferred.
- Spanish speaking is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize complex diversified responsibilities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to use deductive reasoning.
- Working knowledge of Encompass and RESPA.
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Internet applications.
- Self-starting, self-reliant, highly motivated, and dependable.
- Technologically savvy and comfortable learning new computer systems and programs.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments, situations, and job responsibilities.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime, if needed.
- Strong moral compass with high standards for workplace integrity.
- Successful completion of all ALCOVA required training for the position of Loan Officer Assistant.
$30,000 - $40,000 yearly
About ALCOVA Mortgage
Most companies start with a business plan. ALCOVA Mortgage started with a friendship. Bound by common background and inspired by a passion to serve, childhood friends Bobby Nicely, Billy Siple and Rob Lindstrom dreampt of one day starting a business.
In 2003, the trio joined together to establish a mortgage company—ALCOVA—an acronym for Alleghany County, VA, in honor of their roots.
In 2012, ALCOVA Mortgage made its debut on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the United States and has been recognized every year since. The company’s phenomenal growth of 96% in three years propelled it into the league of such legendary businesses that gained notoriety on the prestigious list as Dell, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Pandora, Timberland, Zillow, Yelp, and Domino’s Pizza.
Today, ALCOVA continues to thrive, largely because of its roots in a friendship and the passion to serve.