We are looking for an experienced, skilled mortgage loan officer assistant to join our top-producing team and assist our mortgage loan origination officers. This position requires a unique mix of sales and customer service skills, plus the ability to manage loan files from beginning to end. Effective communication skills are essential for building relationships that help us to obtain future business. If you are detail-oriented, thorough, and can offer top-notch customer service then we need to talk!
- Coordinate and prepare documentation necessary for verifications and underwriting such as loan files, loan packages, credit reports, and additional mortgage application paperwork
- Verify all loan package documentation received is accurate and complete in accordance with company policy and procedures and report any discrepancies to the loan originator/ loan officer
- Handle all customer and in-house inquiries about transactions so the process is smooth and customers receive excellent service
- Assist with administrative duties such as making and screening calls, booking appointments, etc.
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison between clients, branch manager, and assigned loan originator and conduct meetings to coordinate any follow-up items
- Gather, review and calculate income for pre-approval
- MS Office proficiency required; some CRM, MLS, DU, and proprietary mortgage software preferred
- Although not required, having an NMLS license or training is preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree in finance or banking preferred
- Possess an understanding of different loan products, such as conventional loans, FHA, VA, adjustable/ fixed, commercial loans, etc.
- At least 2-3 years of professional office environment required, preferably as an administrative or mortgage assistant
- Must have 2-3 years Residential Mortgage experience
$20-$22 per hour plus a per closed loan file bonus
About dwell Mortgage
Our story began in 2010 when founder Shane Kidwell hurt his back working at his dream job as a fireman. After battling several more back injuries he had to ask himself what was next?
Raised by an entrepreneurial dad (one of the founders of Horizon Air) and a hard-working mom (She raised Shane and his brother after his dad lost a battle with cancer); Shane always had the desire to continue a legacy of hard work, creative thinking, and living by contribution.
What started as a part-time hobby quickly grew into one of the top mortgage teams in the Seattle region. Closing over 25 million in loans per month we work hard, move fast, act like a family, embrace change, and are always honest.
We look for culture fits. If you believe that your work team is a part of your family we are for you!