I am searching for a highly responsible, detail-oriented mortgage loan officer that prefers a steady monthly salary over the typical roller coaster of being commissioned based. No cold calls necessary. My job will be to add new loans into the pipeline, your job will be to then take those loans from start to finish, from pre-qualifying all the way through funding.
Prequalifying applicants and pipeline management will be the 2 critical roles of this job.
If you’d like to watch my video summary, it seems more personal than reading a job ad… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp5DwO5Z1cE
- Point of Contact: Serve as the primary point of contact between clients and processors, underwriters, and real estate agents. This will be in the form of calls, emails, and texts.
- Prequalification: Use submitted clients’ documentation to prequalify applicants for a home loan, both for purchase and refinance transactions based on product guidelines. Will include calculating income for self-employed, retired, or w2’d incomes.
- Pricing: pricing out of new loans online using Loan Sifter and/or lender web-based pricing engines. Accurately calculating estimated new loan amounts, interest rate, closing costs, monthly payments, and taxes & insurance.
- Documentation Prep: Coordinate and prepare the documentation necessary for underwriting such as clients’ paperwork, credit reports, 1003 Point file prep, and filling out processors’ loan intake forms. Review all loan documentation to prepare the loan for submission.
- Product Guidelines: Understand product guidelines to ensure loan fits all requirements. Collect necessary documentation per guidelines on front end to proactively help avoid issues that may arise later in the loan process. An understanding of how to look up guidelines online, as well as working with lenders’ Account Executives when clarification is needed are both acceptable and encouraged.
- Pipeline Management: Actively participate in moving all loans forward in the pipeline towards closing, includes: requesting additional documentation from clients, assisting clients e-sign disclosures, constant communication with the processor see what needs to be completed next on each file, scheduling, tracking, and overall problem-solving.
- Customer Service: A friendly and warm demeanor required when dealing with loan issues with clients, real estate agents, processors, and in-house inquiries on transactions in order to provide superior customer service.
- Tracking: Responsible for tracking and reporting the statuses of multiple loans simultaneously in process. Conduct biweekly pipeline meetings to give me updated status of each loan in the pipeline.
- Minimum 1-2 years of mortgage industry experience
- Possess an understanding of different loan products, such as conventional loans, FHA, VA, Jumbo, etc.
- High degree of organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and responsibility required.
- Highly motivated with excellent customer service and communication skills
- Software to be used on the job will predominantly include Calyx Point, Floify, Docusign, Outlook email, and lender web portals (specifically UWM and Quicken as well as others). Experience working with these preferred.
- NMLS license required, or the ability to study and get licensed within the first 90 days of hiring will be required.
About Hop Mortgage
Hop Mortgage is a very small company based out of sunny San Diego. With just a handful of friends working together at the moment, we are looking to expand and take a few career-minded individuals with us. This job has growth potential in both the career and financial sense. Thanks in advance for your interest!